“One of the better hotels in the area”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Weirton
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times while coming back to visit family. Years ago you only had the Holiday Inn in this area which I consider this hotel a bit above. Its clean, has a nice gym, and a good complimentary breakfast. The staff is really nice as well. One of the better things about this hotel is also the location. You have tons of options with regards to food and a large grocery store a short drive away. Unless you chose to drive to the Pittsburgh/airport area, you probably wont find a better hotel and it you chose the Pitt/airport area you will probably be looking at a more expensive hotel and certainly more traffic.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sev1579
PITFWGM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2014

Thank you for your nice comments. We agree, we are GREAT. We hope to see you again soon. Barb/GM

Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is my hotel of choice when staying in this area. The hotel is newer and extremely nice. The staff could not have been more helpful to me during my stay. It is also close to two of the better Weirton restaurants, within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael M
PITFWGM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Michael M,
Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I must agree that our staff here is GREAT!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

When I was unsuccessful in trying to book a three day stay online using Marriott Reward points at the Weirton Fairfield Inn & Suites, I called the hotel and found out the hotel was all booked up. Danielle tried to get me a reservation, but the hotel was completely sold out. She said she could only get me one night of the three, but that she would take my name, phone number and the dates that I wanted to add to the reservation. I called back later to make sure they had my name and spoke to a manager named Barb. Barb read back to me the notes that Danielle took stating the additional nights, my name and phone number. I was happy to confirm that they were indeed trying to get me in if someone should cancel. The following day, Barb called and told me they had a cancellation and I was in for the entire three day stay. I'd like to thank both Barb and Danielle at the Weirton Fairfield Inn & Suites for providing excellent customer service and going the extra mile. Cheers, ladies!!!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Steve P

Hi Steve P,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad that we were able to assist you with your reservation. I will make sure that Danielle gets recognized for her assisting you also. We hope you choose us again in the future. Again, thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites of Weirton WV

Reviewed May 28, 2014

New location-used to be Baymont Inn. Every time I stay at this location the rooms are always clean. Recently, my mother was quite ill. I received the AAA rate, but even that price was too high for me at the time, as I would have liked to have been able to stay another day. Upon reviewing the Fairfield Inn & Suites through their own survey, I made a similar comment. Was I ever surprised when I received an email from the manager informing me that if my mother is severely ill again, all I need to do is call her and explain the situation. She would work out a lower rate because of my particular situation. Now, I hope folks don't take advantage of my sharing. But, I know that my mother will be ill again and it is such a comfort to know that I'll be able to stay at this location without worrying about how much higher my accommodations will cost.
Besides that, the beds are always comfortable. It is easy to regulate the room temperature, and there are coffee makers and refrigerators in each room. (I can't recall if there is a microwave.) For those who say the staff is rude and condescending, I must speak up for them, as I have never been treated unkindly, rude, or felt as though they were condescending in how I was being spoken to. Of course, I ALWAYS book directly with the Weirton Fairfield Inn & Suites and not through the internet deals. I have found the internet "deals" to be quite misleading...as in, you get what you paid for...cheap cost=cheap accommodations, less service. Otherwise, these "hotels" would not be able to stay in business.
I must add that you need to book ahead, as they seem to be fully occupied (which speaks highly for them, also). There is easy access to freeways, stores, and restaurants in the area. And, they do have a good, complimentary breakfast bar.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank dar m
PITFWGM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are glad that we are able to help you out when you travel to the Weirton Area. I did want to let you know that we have always been the Fairfield Inn & Suites and the Baymont you were referring to is now the Comfort Inn. We are glad you chose us and look forward to your next stay.
Barb GM

Reviewed May 21, 2014

New location. Good parking. Clean both inside and out. Front desk people very friendly and polite. Room was clean and towels well plentiful. Complimentary breakfast in morning was typical as in other locations. Did not see coffee in the lobby nor at breakfast during my stay. Another thing is there were no telephone books in the room. For one night stay during business in the area I would return.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank welltraveled_9
PITFWGM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you for your review. Please if you ever have trouble finding anything, ask our great staff. Our coffee is located in the 'Breakfast Room" and is available 24 hours a day. As for phone books, we are trying to be 'green' and do have a few available. Again, Thank you for choosing the Award Winning Fairfield Inn & Suties of Weirton.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have been staying in this hotel for work and it has been great. The staff at the desk is so nice and the cleaning staff is very nice and helpful. The Hot breakfast is great and the dining room is clean.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jason P
PITFWGM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for the kind words. We are glad you choose the Fairfield Inn & Suites of Weirton and hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Booked 28 room nights at this hotel through the internet with confirmation numbers for an extended family Christmas get together. When we arrived the staff refused to honor the reservations and told us the price would increase by 50 percent. The staff accused us of some kind of wrongdoing. They were rude, condescending, and embarrassed us in front of other guests. As a side note, the manager was training a trainee and I was amazed that he would be teaching a trainee on such poor customer service. We finally told the manager that when we reviewed rates on line when booking that wwe could have received a better rate at another hotel than what he was now offering. He told us to go stay at the other hotel then, which we all did. We had all just driven in from far away places, tired and exhausted--had approximately 8 tired kids with us and this was the treatment we received when we had confirmations. Never have I been treated so poorly by any establishment!! Do not trust your confirmation at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank karen d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weirton
Comfort Inn
#3 of 4 in Steubenville
4 mi away
Best Western Plus Franciscan Square Inn & Suites Steubenville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Steubenville

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton? Share your experiences!