“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Weirton
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Very clean hotel. Friendly staff and good breakfast. Standard and good Fairfield Hotel. Also with a short walk to ice places to eat for dinner. Short drive from Pittsburgh airport. Would certainly stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Jersey
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here two nights at the end of October to attend the Springsteen concert in Pittsburgh. The staff was very friendly and efficient. Room was very clean and the overall facility well maintained. The free buffet breakfast was well stocked and refilled quickly despite a relatively full crowd. The hotel was a bit hard to find the first time, you need to look for a small sign for a right turn down a narrow street. There is a strip mall right behind the hotel with a Wallmart or similar large chain store in case you need to pickup anything. It is about 30 minutes to downtown Pittsburgh from the hotel. Overall a good value, and I would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great hotel but travelers should be warned there is virtually no signage to get there. I spent 15 minutes trying to find the right driveway as there is no sign adjacent to the main street. When traveling to the hotel to ask highway exit they should have mentioned that there wasn't a prominent sign. I had to call him back again to ask where to go. I expressed my concern about the signage and he said "everyone complains about it"

As far as the breakfast food - while there are some good choices, I wound up throwing away my JImmy Dean biscuit because it was expired --- I didn't notice it when I had taken the package and I was in a hurry to get on the road.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn the night of the Kiss concert on the 2nd of sept. We weren't at the hotel very long, and therefore didn"t have time to use the pool or workout area, so i can't really comment on those. I can say although the rooms were small, they were clean, updated and very tastefully decorated. The bathrooms were large, but i felt the white tile looked a little institutional. The bed, was firm and comfortable, and the air conditioning was well functioning especially since it was very humid that weekend. The breakfast area, was very nice and the outside seating was a welcome addition. The food was standard, waffles, pastries, cereals, but a nice touch were the jimmy dean breakfast sandwhiches. I'm still not sure why all hotels insisit on biscuits, sausage and gravy. I would like to see a heart and waist line healthier fare. The customer service was much better than at our previous hotel a few weeks earlier. Bonus: they have a small gift shop type area at the front desk for munchies and things like tylenol and other items.

Room Tip: we were the last room on the left corridor, which was nice because it exited right out to the parkin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Winchester, Virginia, USA
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Fairfield on a personal trip this past weekend. Overall I would say the hotel was very good. The staff was helpful and courteous. The room and overall hotel conditions were clean. We also recently stayed at the Holiday Inn at this same exit (off of Rt. 22), and feel the two are fairly comparable. Fairfield does provide a modest continental breakfast, which the Holiday Inn does not.

I do have several negative comments, as follows: The room smelled somewhat like an older hotel room. Could not place what it could have been from. The insulation between rooms was not adequate, as I did hear a conversation going on in the room next to us (I could not understand it, but could hear clearly a man's voice). In addition, I was looking forward to using the dumbbells in the weightroom, but they did not have an adequate selection - they went from about 50 lbs. to 15, with nothing in between.

Again, overall it was a good value for the $ (we paid about $105 with our AAA rate). Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BrianofVA
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The stay was fine, but there were some odd things. I booked there because everyone we attended a wedding with was at the hotel. I called and the block rate had to have been booked 30 days in advance which was about when we got the invitation. I could not get a king sized bed on my AAA rate so paid extra. I have never had a room so small. We had to climb over our suitcases to move around the room. We asked about a bigger room since we were staying for 3 nights and were told they were sold out for Thurs and Fri and they couldn't move us even the next day. My friends arriving the next day got big rooms or suites?? The maid did not replace the empty kleenex box in the holder Friday am and the person at the desk said we would have to wait until Saturday to get one. She couldn't bring one up because there was no one else in the hotel to do it. I picked a box up at the desk. The maid left it on the sink and didn't put it in the holder the next day. She didn't put the hair dryer away. And I tip daily. When we left there were no luggage carts for a really long time and the person at the desk said "we have two. They are around somewhere, but I can't go look for them." Finally got one, but the other one never showed up. Everyone was super friendly, but not particularly helpful.

Room Tip: We'd have been better with two queen beds and it would have cost less.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Forest Hill, MD
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed two nights. Upgraded to king bed suite. Breakfast was ok, but a little over rated. Friendly staff. No problems

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weirton
Holiday Inn Weirton
#3 of 4 in Steubenville
Best Western Plus The Inn at Franciscan Square
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Steubenville
Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton? Share your experiences!