“casino trip”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Weirton
Orchard Park
“casino trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

close to interstate ,resturants close by and very clean,helpfull freindly staff and reasonably priced for the rooms we stayed in great breakfast .

Room Tip: all rooms are a good choice no restaurant in location
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

We traveled all the way across Pennsylvania in one day and needed a place for the night on our way to Cleveland. This was the perfect spot. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and filling. A WalMart right next door helped us stock up for the day too. It's a little hard to find in the dark with just your GPS, but we loved our stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

Upon arrival there was great front desk service. The room was clean and ready for us.

Luggage cart was available at door.

Lobby was spacious and also contained a 'mini-store' of snacks/drinks.

The property was VERY clean and up to date. When I asked, I was told , it was less than 2 yrs old.

Room was great, BIG screen TV.

Bed was VERY comfortable. At first when you sit on bed, you think "Oh no", because it is soft. But wihen you lay on it, it is soft, but firm.

There were a couple things I did not like:
A) The temperature of the room, went UP at night. It seems like the sensors detecting people in the room, did not detect when you are asleep. I did report this and they wre turning the report in to maintenance.

B) Also we had a wet/moldy spot in one part of the room. Again they took a report and promised to take care of it.

Their FREE breakfast was great. There were hot foods and cold foods and an excellent selection. They even had waffle makers!

Check-in and check-out were very smooth.

Noise level was low, even though the property was full, and I was directly across from elevator, and it was a Saturday evening.

Internet service was good. There is wired internet service in the rooms, In addition, it appears the property is blanketed by various wireless zone. 3 zone were available to me. I connected via smartphone and service was sufficient. I did not use a PC, so I cannot comment on speed.

Great stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank xzr1tv
Weston, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

Quick one-night stayover. Pleasant. Clean. Very affordable. Well located if you are on the road. There's Super-WalMart almost in walking distance if you need anything.
Continental Breakfast and Internet free.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Springfield, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We ha a death in the family in nearby Wellsburg so I called this hotel since it was new. Nita answered and was fantastic and offered a bereavement rate for us. We arrived and she was there to check us in. She made our trip enjoyable and seemed genuinely friendly and helpful. The hotel is new so everything was clean and in working order. There are two computers in the lobby area so I did not have to bring my iPad. The breakfast was very good and included the famous waffles that are a treat. Our room was clean and orderly and we slept well. There was not too much noise elsewhere, which helps a lot. Check out was smooth as a zero balance statement had been slid under my door. There are also free local newspapers in the lobby area. Parking is a snap and there are some good restaurants nearby as well. When we come back to visit, this will be our hotel choice.

Room Tip: I think rooms away from the lobby might be quiter.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sliphorn
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

I was very impressed by my recent stay here. The staff was very friendly and the entire facility including the room was very clean. While I did not visit the pool, I did use the fitness room and while small, all of the equipment was in good working order. The breakfast room was maintained by a staff member throughout breakfast and the there were many things to chose from. I spent a good bit of time there watching TV and reading the paper, as I waiting for my wife to wake up, after I was on the treadmill. My wife's only complaint (not mime) was that the heater/air conditioner made a bit of a loud noise each time it came on. While it woke her up, I slept through it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pghphil
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

I have stayed in all kinds of hotels from 5 star to 3 star all over the US and internationally. I have been to Weirton, WV many times to visit my wife's family and this was my first time staying at the Fairfield Inn Marriott. I was BLOWN away!! First of all, the staff is very friendly, nice and accomodating. Secondly, the place is spotless and the modern decor is great! Our room was clean and spotless. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows and linens were high quality and clean. The room came with a microwave, refrigerator and a SAFE. I feel every hotel should, by law, be required to have a safe in the room. BIG bonus points with me. They have an amazing continental breakfast with a Belgian waffle maker, bagels, toast, eggs, sausage, yogurt, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, great coffee with flavored creamers, juices, water, milk etc....and the seating area is clean with beautiful furniture. The lobby and breakfast area share a dual-sided fireplace which made the place feel cozy. I already told my wife that we are staying here every time we come to Weirton in the future.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzanne R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weirton
Holiday Inn Weirton
#3 of 4 in Steubenville
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Franciscan Square
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Steubenville
Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton? Share your experiences!