“Still smells new!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites WHEELING
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Triadelphia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel opened in December of 2012 and it looks like they did an excellent job putting this hotel together. Close to shopping and nice restaurants. Nice rooms, comfortable bed, big flat screen with HD channels (great for watching opening day of MLB), fresh fruit and cookies by the front desk. Great attitude and service from the ladies at the front desk! Upgraded my room to a large King suite with a kitchenette without asking, sweet. Pool, spa, and fitness center were excellent. All of the equipment was of course new and top of the line. Cable weight machine was great with several exercises available. Impressed! Added to my favorites immediately.

Room Tip: Ask for room 111, King suite - easy access and it is right by the pool and fitness center. Nice roo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Oh, HIE, why do I love thee? I love thee for the broad expanse of your spacious rooms. I love thee for the sparkling clean and comfortable bedding. I love thee for the large and well-appointed bathrooms (with the grab bar opposite the shower head...makes sense, right?). I love thee for all the little touches that come from an obvious commitment to the comfort of the traveler: bedside lamps with TWO plugins, two sets of "glasses", plain plastic and insulated, two places to put two bags, etc., etc., etc., as the King would say. Seamless reservation on line and at check-in? Check! Knowledgable, friendly staff? Check! Yes, it really is that good.

And yes, there is a reason I am a Priority Club member. Thanks, HIE, for another great night on the road.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StephanyIowa
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed there Sunday March 17th and really enjoyed it. The hotel has only been open for a couple of months so everything was brand new. The lobby is beautiful with 24 hour free coffee/tea, fresh fruit, and cookies. Our room was nice with a big flat panel tv and a very comfy bed. The pool was indoor and heated along with a large hot tub were very enjoyable. The hotel is located in an area with lots of shopping and many restaurants. The hotel also has a free hot and delicious breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We made our reservation via Internet shortly before arriving to the hotel. Somehow, we accidentally entered our children as adults & were charged for extra adults (as is the norm with the Hotel / Motel industry).
The young man at check in was a bit bewildered by our reservation & the children issue. Although he didn't say, it appeared that he didn't have any of the rooms we paid for over the net. After a brief period, he advised me that he had to put us in a suite and he fixed the rate problem (excellent work).
My family entered a wonderfully large room that was nicely equipped. It was Kaye's out perfect for a longer stay....and before long, we wished we would have had longer.
The hotel was busy, yet the room was void of other room or building noise during our stay.
This appeared to be a new facility. Grass isn't yet growing through the straw around the building and the parking lot is black with fresh painted lines. Yet, I was surprised to find minor details askew. There were obvious drywall patches in our room and places where walls had more than one color of paint (not purposely). It didn't take away from our stay. It was just a lack of attention to details or a work in progress.
The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were kind and accommodating.
Family friendly.
We will stay again.
I do recommend this facility.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Brennon O
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We were given a suite?? We are 5 travelers: 2 adults and 3 kids, where one is 18. We thought the sofa bed would be able to sleep 2. It was barely able to hold one person! We had the 2 younger ones ( 9, 7) sleep with us and our son who could barely fit in the tiny sofa sleeper had to sleep there! He wasn't able to even turn over, that is how small it was. Needless to say , none of us slept very well and it cost the price of a suite! I remember Holiday Inn suites being more comfortable. They should at least have a queen or normal sized double sleeper in their "suites!

Room Tip: If you a family of more than 3 traveling, do not get a suite!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank trakme7
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Hotel is basic but very clean. Nothing fancy but neihter was the price. Great for just a place to sleep. No indoor pool or hot tub but it does have an exercicse room. The breakfast was very good and had plenty of choices. Overall a pretty good deal for the price paid if you are just looking for clean, comfortable, affordable, etc.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank ripley304
Reviewed November 16, 2010

We went to Oglebay park last year to see the lights and stayed at this Holiday Inn Express. My father-in-law booked the rooms, so I was apprehensive as I've never stayed in an "express". I was pleasantly surprised at the quality! The beds were some of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in, and the pillows were perfect. Everything was neat and clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. They even had hot chocolate in the lobby around the clock for guests. All in all, this is the best motel I've been to, and I'll definitely be staying there again this year.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank krislovejmt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Triadelphia
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
5 mi away
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia/wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites WHEELING? Share your experiences!