“Do not stay here if you want to use the pool all day!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Triadelphia
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We walked out to the pool and a man came up to us and said gruffly "What room are you in". After I told him, he said quite rudely "I'm the general manager and it's going to storm and when it does we have to close the pool." We had checked the radar before we came out and there was no rain around (and it never did storm that day, in fact the sun came out and it was a beautiful day), Also, we are adults, so don't you think we already know that? There was a dog across the way barking and he asked if that was our dog. NO, it's not. He treated us like we drove in from nowhere to use the pool for free and let our dog (we don't even have one) run wild. I am a Priority Club member, too and while my husband was livid, I just couldn't believe this was happening. He came out later to glare at us again. I ended up talking to some of the cleaning staff and they can't stand him.
The woman at the front desk was wonderful and so nice, same with the breakfast lady. If it wasn't for that dreadful manager, and the air conditioning unit in the room being too loud, this would be a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dingles118

Reviewed July 1, 2009

We were moving from Baltimore to Indianapolis and driving. Stopped over the way booking via Hotels.com paying $100. Too much may be for the hotel of this quality but the room itself was fine. The hallways were dingy and really like what a 2 2.5 star hotel will look like but once in the room the beds were fine. If you are just stopping overnight like me I think it is just fine and safe. Has free internet.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SpringfieldTraveller
Reviewed May 27, 2009

The lobby of this motel is in excellent condition and is new and clean. The room needed a lot of cleaning and repairs. The air did not work well, the carpet was stained, the room smelled of mold. The pillow cases were not changed from the guest before. Also a lot of traveling work crews were there the night we stayed and drank in the parking lot and on the motels picnic tables. This did not make for a very nice enviorment to stay in. I have to say that the staff of the motel were excellent and very friendly. There are a lot of other motels along this I- 70 and this travel suggests trying other one.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank XLD648
Reviewed March 14, 2009

Ugh, nothing more horrible than not having a ventilation fan in the bathroom, when you have a roommate. Just awful. The hotel overall seems pretty old, dingy yellow, dated decor in the hallways and rooms. There was litter under the bed, diminishing any confidence in the hope that the room was carefully cleaned. The front desk is excellent. Micro and fridge in the room, but the absence of a bathroom fan is enough to never come back.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VirginiaTreader
Reviewed December 9, 2008

My wife and I spent 1 night at this hotel on our way to visit my in laws for Thanksgiving. I chose this hotel as it is located right off of I-70 and is pet friendly. Check in was very quick, rooms were spotless, and the bed was quite comfortable. The hotel seemed quite new. We were given a room in a wing that seemed to be reserved for people travelling with their pets. That being said the room did not exhibit any signs of wear & tear from pets staying there. Free breakfast was nothing to write home about but was adequate.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed June 23, 2008

One does not expect super luxury when staying at one of these chains, and none of them are places that you would want to spend a long period of time; but they are usually good, dependable "waystops" when traveling. Our experience at the Wheeling-East was pleasant - we had a decent sized room with 2 queens, a microwave and a refrigerator; and there were multiple cable channels on the TV to choose from. The room was "typically" decorated but fine; it was clean and the beds comfortable, with a choice of pillows.

The staff was pleasant, and the complimentary breakfast buffet was fine, typical of the chain.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 20, 2008

We stayed in this hotel as we were traveling cross-country. We are Priority Club members, and booked through the website. The lobby was neat and the employees friendly and helpful, plus the breakfast was the usual excellence that I expect from a Holiday Inn Express.
Unfortunately, that's the most I can priase this hotel. First, the interior presented a very sterile, industrial apperance. I only mention this because the room doors were very heavy and metal. This led to problems throughout the night; other guests were going in and out of their rooms at all hours, and the heavy doors would loudly slam, waking both my wife and I (as well as my dog - I was glad that they were pet friendly, at least). Also, the 'high-speed' internet was so horrendously slow - I was having flashbacks to high school and my 28.8k modem... It was so slow as to make using the internet impossibly frustrating. I gave up after twenty minutes.
Overall, a very disaapointing exerpience from a normally solid chain.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Triadelphia
Comfort Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
The McLure Hotel & Suites
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites WHEELING

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!