“Our Favorite Hotel in the Area”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Triadelphia
Stoystown, Pennsylvania
“Our Favorite Hotel in the Area”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband frequently stays in this area for his job. We come to stay with him from time to time. This is our favorite place to stay. My kids LOVE the pool, and the front desk staff treats us like family. The kids enjoy the breakfast and the little perks like cookies and fruit available in the afternoon. It feels very safe here, like home. The housekeeping staff is excellent. The rooms here are less expensive and cleaner than any other hotels we've used in the area. My husband has used at least 10 hotels in nearby towns. We've stayed in places that are much pricier, but this hotel is cleaner and friendlier. We love it and look forward to our next stay. By the way, we've never had trouble with the pool, except that it is cold early in the season. During this last stay, we had to stay in a smoking room because nothing else was available. It smelled fresh and clean when we arrived. Since we were in the smoking section of the hotel, the hallway smelled smoky, but our room was pristine.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms have less parking lot noise, and room 200 is awesome!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Econolodgewv113, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for the opportunity to allow us to exceed your expectations by providing superior quality and customer service.
It is our pleasure to have you and your family stay with us we appreciate your business!
We hope to see you and your family during the holidays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My teen son and I stayed here 3 nights from June 30 - July 3. The first issue was a moldy smell in the lobby upon check-in. Next, one reason we booked this hotel was for the outdoor pool for my son to enjoy ...most others in the area have indoor pools that we don't prefer. The pool was dirty, algae-like in appearance, during our stay and we didn't feel comfortable swimming in it. A bad storm had passed through the area on 6/29 but the pool was still being cleaned out a couple days later. Also, the 1st full day we were there and out of the room for at least 10 hours no maid service was provided which was disappointing upon our return to the room. Another issue - my son's queen bed collapsed on the one corner when he sat on it during the 2nd morning of our stay - the supports gave out. Maintenance did repair it before we returned to the room later that day. Could not get hot water in the sink to wash hands - and sink is located outside of the bathroom. In addition, wife tried to call the room the 1st night and front desk staff were unable to connect to the room until the 3rd time my wife called back. Finally, while the complimentary breakfast bar selection was good with several hot item choices, when it was mentioned to an employee that the orange juice dispenser needed to be refilled (not late in the breakfast hours period), this request was not responded to. When I complained about the lack of maid service, unclean pool, and collapsed bed, the supervisor did take $30 off the total bill for the stay. We will not stay here again.

2 Thank jeff84deb
I would like to extend my apology to you and I am sorry your stay with us was disappointing.
The issues you have brought to our attention have been addressed and we would appreciate the opportunity to restore your confidence in us. We would like a second chance to make your stay an enjoyable one; please reconsider staying with us in the future and Thank You for your business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 1, 2012

As part of a vacation with a group, I stayed at this motel. As a frequent business traveler, I'm used to staying in more upscale places, but this Econo Lodge covered all the basic needs. Though the property was a bit dated and needed freshening up, the rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. Roadside motels aren't my first choice in general, but this one was acceptable. One big minus was the inflated room rate, but this area seems to always be short on rooms and our group was associated with a fairly big regional event.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Hotel is completely average. Right off the interstate. Rooms were clean, nice mini fridge and microwave. Staff wasn't overly-friendly but not really rude either. No elevator. Lots of construction guys. One exit away from lots of restaurants. Nothing to make me want to come back, but nothing to make me not want to come back either.

• Stayed May 2012
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife and I travel for a living, so we are used to staying in hotels.....This place was decent. heres my rating:
Overall- 6
Staff- 8
Room cleanlyness- 8
Bed (comfort)- 7
Coin op laundry
plenty of parking
55$ w AAA
Would stay here again if I was in the area passing thru again.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Justin P
Columbus, OH
Reviewed April 11, 2012

An Econo Lodge would not be my first choice for a hotel, however, we were recently passing through Wheeling and I knew that we were going to be in our room less than 10 hours. This was the only place we were able to book a room under $100 in the area because demand is high due to an influx of out of town workers, the proximaty to the casino, etc. For the price, it was adequate. The rooms were older looking, with the old style tube TV which, in our room had a problem with the color (a line ran down the middle of the picture). The bathroom caulking was very yellowed. The hallways smelled a bit musty but not too bad. The room smelled fine until my husband turned on the heat, then it was stinky, so we turned it off quickly and lived with the cold. The room faced the highway and while awake you could hear some highway noise, but I did sleep very soundly and didn't notice it through the night. The bed was comfy and the linens were clean as was the room in general. There was a breakfast buffet in the morning, but we did not use it because we had other plans. All in all, it was okay for a short stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Luray, Virginia
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Don't even bother !! Enough said !! Sleep in your car or go across Interstate to Comfort Inn . This place SUCKS !!

Room Tip: Pass this one up !!
Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Hammer028
Also consider these accommodations in or near Triadelphia
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia/wheeling
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
Comfort Inn Triadelphia
Comfort Inn Triadelphia
#7 of 8 in Triadelphia
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!