“It is what it is...”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Triadelphia
Pittsburgh, PA
“It is what it is...”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

The lobby of this hotel is in excellent condition and clean. The hotel is with a pool, gym, bar/restaurant; however, there is not much else in the area. I requested a non-smoking room, but got a smoking room. The room then smells of stale smoke, which is beyond unappealing to a non-smoker. I'm glad I only had to stay one night. The room itself is decent so no complaints on that end, but it was a room that certainly isn't worth over $100 per night, which is what I paid. Personally, I think that is too much for a hotel hotel of this quality. Without a lot of choices in this area I suppose that's the price you pay for a safe location. It appears this is a popular hotel for work crews so there were a loth of 18 wheelers, beer cans, and cigarettes in the parking lot. At least the hotel trys to keep the trucks on one side of the parking lot so cars can park on the other. I have to say that the staff of the was very friendly. Has free internet.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Shad0wy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
nanticoke, PA
Reviewed March 9, 2010

This is my second stay here. The staff was polite and helpful. The location was very close to just about any mall store or gas staion you might need. Many restraunts in the area. Pool was wonderful and relaxing. The outside of the hotel may fool you cause once you enter the room, you will be very pleased n comfortable with the space and cleanliness of the room. TV's were flat screen and rooms were very warm. Overall Great hotel expieriance---I will be back soon! I do wish I had a better internet connection though and TV did not have a DVD or VCR nor the jack to hook my laptop to the TV.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Weirton, West Virginia
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Stayed there for the first time over Valentine's Day weekend. I'm used to staying at Hilton's so I expected the worst here. But the staff was very friendly. The pool had a hot tub and was open. The breakfast wasn't too bad for a small hotel. Sure the room wasn't a four star, but it's not supposed to be. I was pleasantly surprised how clean the room was, even bathroom! I'd stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2009

As the title says...we found bugs in one bed and a dirty sock in the other. Do I need to say more?

• Stayed December 2009
2 Thank WindsorTenor
Meadville, PA
Reviewed August 1, 2009

After posting my initial review of this place, I figured I was finished. However, after being contacted by American Express, and around $4000 in unauthorized charges for online gambling sites (among other things) I felt I needed to make others aware. Our card number was somehow taken and used, and the credit card company tracked it to this hotel. We save that particular credit card for certain things, and this hotel was the only place that had had access to it in months. I am sure the hotel itself had nothing to do with this matter, but you might want to be very careful.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank julibeth
Toronto
Reviewed July 23, 2009

My family stayed here for part of the first week of July with my son's baseball team for the "Beast of the East" tournament. The best thing I can say about this place is that it was conveniently located just off the highway and close to a relatively new shopping development with a VERY large Cabela's, JC Penny, Target, Kohl's, Best Buy, a movie theatre and several restaurants. The room rates seemed high compared to other Comfort Inns, and one family in our group who travels frequently thought that the rates were excessively high compared to other Comfort Inns which were much newer and better maintained. We chalked up the high rates to taking advantage of the tournament. There was a breakfast room off the lobby, and the highlight was the waffle maker. Other options were cereal, muffins, toast, coffee, milk, and juice, and chilled (and shelled) hard boiled eggs. The rooms were not cleaned well. In the 6 inch gap between our air conditioner and the wall, there was at least several months of dust and cobwebs. Another guest observed as the same cleaning cloth that was used to wipe the toilet seat, was then used to wipe the bathroom counter. Sadly (for me), it's not the worst place I've ever stayed at, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it to a friend. There also was a computer in the lobby which was available for guest use to access the internet.

• Stayed July 2009
the Burbs of Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I satyed here New Year's Eve night 2006 going into 2007. So I decided to stay again this past New Years 2007 going into 2008. I stayed in the suite this time with the heart shaped hot tub in it. The hot tub was a bit smaller than I expected it to be, but I still took advantage of it while I was there. I had to add hot water to it occasionally to heat it back up. But it was a good time. I still took advantage of the indoor pool they have down there also.

Hotel staff was still pretty friendly. There was one employee, I think he might have been a maintenance guy or something, I'm not exactly sure, that seemed to have started celebrating the New Year a little bit early when I saw him in the hallway. It was no big deal, I actually thought it was funny. He think that he was probably off the clock already by that point and was just hanging around for the party. Just like last year, there was a New Years party at the hotel. There was a buffet again, a live band, and again champagne was passed out again right before midnight so everyone could toast each other. However, this year everyone had to pay a cover charge of like $5 I think to get in...even the guests of the hotel...unlike last year. It was a fun party. One of the best things about it was watching the people who were really partying dancing around and stuff.

The hotel itself is in pretty good condition. There was still an excellent breakfast in the morning and the hotel is right down the street from Cabellas and a Target and a handfull of restaurants. It looked like that little shopping area was growing also.

I was still very satisfied with this hotel and my stay here. I will stay here again for sure whenever I go down to the Wheeling Islands casino again. This is certainly a better hotel than the Wheeling Inn. We had satyed there a few years ago and didn't have the best experience there as we could have.

• Liked — Excellent breakfast layout, New Year's Eve Party, Hot Tub in the Room
  • Stayed December 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Amy_F_00
Also consider these accommodations in or near Triadelphia
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia/wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites WHEELING

Been to Comfort Inn Triadelphia? Share your experiences!