“overpriced in West Virginia”

and 1 more site!
Comfort Inn Triadelphia
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Triadelphia
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were charged $104.50 for a room at this Comfort Inn that was not as nice as the LaQuinta room we had the night before for $70. The stairway to our second floor room was covered with dried mud; the breakfast room had no microwave for the oatmeal. The Tourist Center's brochure said pets were free, but we were charged an additional $25.00. We won't be going to Comfort Inns in the future.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
TriadelphiaComfortGM, Manager at Comfort Inn Triadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

I'm sorry your stay wasn't more enjoyable. I have been checking all third party websites and brochures to be sure all information about our hotel is correct.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Triadelphia

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great place to stay all around. If I am staying in the Wheeling area... this is the ONLY place I will stay. The hotel manager Kristi Schul is great at making you feel like you belong there. I stay there time after time and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank guitarbobo

Thank you for staying with us! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed only one night. It was clean but the towels were very worn. The nonsmoking room smelled a little stale. Breakfast was the standard menu . This hotel is good for a one night stay but would not want to spend extended time.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
TriadelphiaComfortGM, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Triadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Hello Americangirl52,

We appreciate your candid feedback as it allows us to identify the things that we might have overlooked. We assure you that this matter is taken very seriously and will be addressed accordingly.

Thank you for choosing to stay in Comfort Inn Trialdelphia.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

What a nice place, but very busy. If you want to stay anywhere within 50 miles of West Virginia, you better book early. The oil fields are booming and men are everywhere! This hotel was above average for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank audawallace

Hello audawallace,

We are grateful for the opportunity to provide your lodging needs in our hotel. Your positive comments ensure we have sufficed your lodging needs and met your expectations. Your business is valuable to us.

We look forward to your next visit in our hotel soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

On the plus side. Location is pretty good; room has been updated; and the bed was very comfortable. Room was clean. Free internet. So-so breakfast.

Not so good: no one at front desk when we arrived (but there was a sign that said staff would be right back...which ended up being about 5 minutes). Walls are thin (I listened to a conversation between two people at 4:00 am). Fitted sheet did not fit well on the bed and kept popping off. Sheets were clean (I assume) but wrinkled and had a couple of small holes in it. Towels were horrible...very worn; grey; thin and likely laundered without any fabric softener. Carpet in hallway smells stale.

Having said all of that. I wouldn't go as far as saying to avoid the hotel...just that, for the money, the hotel could splurge and update linens/towels.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Drmah2011
TriadelphiaComfortGM, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Triadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Hello Drmah2011,

It is indeed regretful to hear about this experience that you faced during your stay in our hotel. Please know that this is taken very seriously and will be addressed accordingly.Your satisfaction is important to us for giving us your business.

We look forward to another opportunity of providing your next accommodation needs and allow us to better serve you in Comfort Inn Triadelphia in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I will NEVER stay at this hotel again! It was absolutely filthy and I have never seen such rude and un-helpful staff in my life!! When I called to book 2 nights I had to call repeatedly because no one would answer the phone! Then when we checked in and got to our room it was like it was never even cleaned since the last person checked out! I walked in the bathroom and there was urine all over the toilet, the sink and bathtub were disgusting and the floors were extremely dirty!! I had to use Clorox wipes to clean everything!! So the next day we pulled the sign on the door so the maids would come in and clean and when we got back they were never even in our room!! I asked why at the front desk and they said that I must have left the do not disturb sign up!! I didn't!! They said they would send someone to clean our room.....big surprise....no one showed up!! I had to use garbage bags from home because it was overflowing and also beach towels from home because every single time I asked for towels they didn't have any!!! The pool was really gross too! It was very cloudy and full of dead flies!! This place is a joke! Do NOT stay here!!

Room Tip: I would say to ask for a new room but it didn't make a difference because I don't even think...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brook S

Hello Miss Brook S.,

It is extremely disheartening to hear about this experience that you faced during your recent stay. I will be escalating this matter to further investigate the details of what exactly took place. Please know that this is taken very seriously and will be addressed accordingly.

I hope our team could have another opportunity of providing your next lodging needs in our hotel and allow us to offer you better service.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We wanted to get away and spend some time at Cabela's in Wheeling. We stayed at the Comfort Inn and would do so again. We arrived around 5, checked in with no problems and had a short walk to our room. The bed was nice and firm, the shower was hot and the breakfast buffet in the morning was not massive, but enough to fill you up. The only downside was the TV channels and the TV listing did not seem to match up. Also enjoyed the pool and the ability to go outside and get a little sun on the patio. I would recommend the hotel if you are traveling to the area. Some people did mention the hotel was dirty. I found some dirt on the steps and also found out that a gas company has had their employees staying at the hotel for the past year doing work in the area. I can understand some mud and dirt being brought in after a day in the field.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple