“Room for improvement”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Triadelphia
Fort Worth, Texas
“Room for improvement”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is a very basic hotel with much room for improvement. The only positive experience was the front desk staff who were very friendly and offered to help carry my heavy luggage up the stairs since the elevator was out of service.

Rooms here are pretty basic and have a few extra amenities but overall they leave much to be desired. The linens on the bed and in the bathroom seemed very worn-out and in need of replacement. Also, the building itself is very odd and was obviously built with as little cost as possible. My room was on an outside corner and the outer walls seemed to curve inward and the floor was very uneven. I could go on all day about the little quirks I found with this place but it's not worth it.

Overall it wasn't the worst hotel I've experienced but I bet you could find something better in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Dover, Ohio
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a few times and have always had a good experience. The hotel itself is not fancy but the rooms are always clean and the front desk associates are friendly and helpful. The room is cozy and the bed is very comfortable, the only drawback is the bathroom has very low water pressure. The breakfast is better than we expected and the food was really fresh. We are planning on staying again this spring and l know we will be happy that we did.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 820Heidi
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 6, 2011

When we booked this hotel, we were told by agent that there was a baseball tourney in town. We booked anyway..... At first it seemed the place was overrun with teenagers, then the staff stepped in and coralled the kids (gave them a meeting room complete with big screen and video games) and patrolled the hall all night to make sure all was quiet. Any issues we came across (daughter forgot toothbrush, needed extra towels) the agent at front desk took care of with a smile on his face. Really felt like all the people cared and wanted us to enjoy ourselves.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ohiofan001
Reviewed June 18, 2011

No...it's not the Ritz-Carlton, and you won't run into Prince William. But it's very clean, has a polite staff, and accepts dogs. If you're traveling rt. 70 with a pet, it's a great choice. We were there in June 2011, and had no issues at all.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank OldFart49
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I'll start by saying I did not expect a four star hotel room, but I DID expect it to be clean. They did not use an ounce of cleaner in this room. There were dried toothpaste/soap spots on almost every surface of the bathroom. Dirty footprints on the floor. Rust and fecal build up on toilet, as well as hair on seat. There was also hair in the sink, and the shower. The floors were not vacuumed at all, the bed looked slopped together, the comforter had dried stains on it, and the pillows were DIRTY! There were mascara marks and they did not smell fresh! I didn't even bother looking at the sheets... The ice bucket had melted ice in it, and there were grease marks on the desk.

When I went to check out, the front desk person was very rude and looked at me like I was crazy. I was being as polite as possible, so this was uncalled for. He then went to inspect the room and claimed he couldn't find anything wrong with it. That must mean that my filthy room was the STANDARD at this hotel. Gross. He asked if I wanted a different room and I politely declined. I would rather sleep in my car than this hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank monkeytine
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed October 25, 2010

The lobby of this hotel is in excellent condition and clean. The hotel is with a pool, gym, bar/restaurant; however, there is not much else in the area. I requested a non-smoking room, but got a smoking room. The room then smells of stale smoke, which is beyond unappealing to a non-smoker. I'm glad I only had to stay one night. The room itself is decent so no complaints on that end, but it was a room that certainly isn't worth over $100 per night, which is what I paid. Personally, I think that is too much for a hotel hotel of this quality. Without a lot of choices in this area I suppose that's the price you pay for a safe location. It appears this is a popular hotel for work crews so there were a loth of 18 wheelers, beer cans, and cigarettes in the parking lot. At least the hotel trys to keep the trucks on one side of the parking lot so cars can park on the other. I have to say that the staff of the was very friendly. Has free internet.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Shad0wy
nanticoke, PA
Reviewed March 9, 2010

This is my second stay here. The staff was polite and helpful. The location was very close to just about any mall store or gas staion you might need. Many restraunts in the area. Pool was wonderful and relaxing. The outside of the hotel may fool you cause once you enter the room, you will be very pleased n comfortable with the space and cleanliness of the room. TV's were flat screen and rooms were very warm. Overall Great hotel expieriance---I will be back soon! I do wish I had a better internet connection though and TV did not have a DVD or VCR nor the jack to hook my laptop to the TV.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Triadelphia
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia/wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites WHEELING

Been to Comfort Inn Triadelphia? Share your experiences!