“Yell Tally-Ho and KEEP GOING”

Tallyho Mountain Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thomas
balto md
“Yell Tally-Ho and KEEP GOING”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2008

What a dump!! The room was not really cleaned well. Someone else's pube hair was on the bed, & tolit. It didn't smell clean, rather musty. It was in need of renovations a good 8 years ago!!

DO NOT STAY HERE! Its worth the drive to stay in another town.
Bob & Cindy Rynes, Baltimore MD

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — room was filthy, unclean. OUT dated and in need of serious repairs!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank BaltoMdBob_o

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Philadelphia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2008

Our room was a typical old style motel room. The web site says it has been remodeled but I don't know when. The bathroom was OK, the formica on the sink was peeling. The beds were very comfortable. There was an odor out in the hallway we think was due to the air conditioner draining on to the carpets in the hall.

The staff was very friendly and helpful but they weren't there full time.

If the guys are going out for the weekend, this place is convenient but I wouldn't take my family there.

• Stayed May 2008
2 Thank peters_pa
WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2008

TALLYHO: MOM RECOMMENDED

First, I am a resident of Thomas, WV. I have family from out of state that has stayed at Tallyho Mountain Lodge more than once and will definitely stay again, because I have made the reservations for my family many times recently and over the past years, and I CARE where they stay. I have worked with the public for many years here (Blackwater State Park Lodge, Highlander Village, Blackwater Plaza and many other places in the area.).... I have met many people and there is no pleasing everyone all the time...My family and I have nothing but good things to say about TALLYHO MOUNTAIN LODGE.

From first hand experience, I can assure you that my family members love staying at Tallyho, and have had the best sleep there than anywhere else in the area. I know first hand of many other local residents who have their families stay there also. They have the best pillowtop beds, I have seen them and I WANT ONE, but they won't tell me the make and model, love the king size beds!! My family would never stay anywhere that was not maintained or not clean or bug ridden, and I can tell you Tallyho is cared for, is maintained well and is CLEAN.

And for those of you that do not know anything about bedbugs, let me tell you..When I was a young girl, I stayed with a family that had bedbugs...You know it as soon as they bite you, the bites do not show up days later....This is a small town and I would know from all that can happen in a tight knit community what a SMEAR attack can do. I could SMELL this one a mile away.

I have cleaned and made beds MANY times over the years, so I know anybody can miss things (nobody can claim to be perfect). I have been in many of the rooms at Tallyho, and it is obvious to me they take pride in their facility, and they keep it CLEAN.

But there are always some people who will say or do anything to try and get a refund or get out of paying for something. It is interesting to me after reading other member profiles, how many chronic complainers there are in the world. Ever heard the old saying, if you're not going to say anything nice don't say it at all?

Stayed June 2007
3 Thank Sulena
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2007

I am astonished at the comments below. I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have not seen any bugs, mildew on tiles, nor have I had any "smelly" rooms. The rooms are not old or small, everything is current and up-to-date. The view of Backbone Mountain and the windmills is breath taking. It certainly sounds like false claims of people that tried to ploy their way out of their prepaid reservations. For those that say otherwise, I suggest you see an Optometrist.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank WhisperingReflection
virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2007

We chose this spot because of the one line in the vistors guide for Canaan Valley...vista of Backbone Mountain windmills. Also because the word Mountain Lodge. When we drove up it was a "sea of asphalt" with a building in the middle. On one side was a school bus parking garage and on the other was a convenience/gas store. The "vistas" could only be viewed in one part of the parking lot (behind a resturant). You could see the windmills but through the telephone wires, asphalt, other buildings. The "Lodge" was a dark and dingy room with no place to be outdoors unless you sat in the parking lot. And no common area to enjoy. The king size bed was really a canoe, the blanket was so old that it had turned to rubber, the bathroom fixtures were corroded, there was no natural light, and the check-in was not even a hint of friendliness or welcoming no helpful. NEVER EVER EVER STAY HERE. IT IS MISLEADING AND YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF IN A DUMP.

Stayed September 2007
4 Thank serenitytraveler
DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2007

DO NOT STAY HERE!! We caught a nasty case of bedbugs at the Tally-Ho and they refused to even offer a partial refund. The rooms are small, old, dirty and smell like cigarettes and mildew.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The bedbug bites covering my entire body.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank pgchustla
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomas
Alpine Lodge
Canaan Village Inn
Canaan Village Inn
#1 of 7 in Davis
Windwood Fly-in Resort

Been to Tallyho Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!