“If we wouldn't have been so tired we would have left...filthy!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thomas
Tallyho Mountain Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thomas
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Tried to put us in a dirty room with unmade bed and dirty towels in the BR.Paid for a smoking room with no ashtray, only got two towels for 2 people with long hair(thankfully I had my own),a dirty rag and someone's beer was in the frig, no hairdryer, no coffee pot, no continental breakfast,trash littering the whole back of the place,no ice bucket or ice and the only remote for the TV that worked was for the lobby...keep driving....we will never go back

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank JenniferT43

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Dont know where to start i only have one good thing to say about this place but i will save that for last!!! Well to start off the bathroom was very gross it had hair in the bath tub and in the sink, there was still someones pee in the toilet (so that tells me that no one must have been in the bathroom to clean it). The carpet was very worn and dirty(must not have been swept sence it was put in back in the 80's) and is in need of some new carpet. Their are a lot of as the desk clerk said (workers) who are very loud and do not respect other people trying to sleep, the walls must be paper thin cause u can hear just about everything that other people say and DO!! The the bed was very nasty their was (hairs) in the bed and do not really want to know what part of the body they came off of, also their where many stains one of witch was blood and the others well i dont even want to know what they where, and the sheets couldnt have been washed and re-put on the beds concetering you coulde still smell the perfume of who ever slept their last!!! But over all i think the worst two things where the mouse that crawled acrost my feet when i was laying (on top off all the covers that is) or the dead cockroches i found besides the night stand ( if i have learned anything from watching billy the extermanator) that is witch where there are dead ones there are live ones, and that is just plain unhealthy!!!! I know im probley forgeting something but i dont have anymore time to spare talking about this place and it is bring back very bad memories!!! So on to the one good thing i have to say about the place is the two desk clerks ( i do believe that their names where Sherry And Jen) and the cleaning lady ( i do believe her name was shelia).

Room Tip: If you want a good room dont stay here!!!!!!! I Recomend Blackwater It's Only about 3-6 miles a...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank jacob s
Reviewed September 7, 2011

It works. It stinks. If you want clean pillows and bedding, bring em. Want a blowdryer? Bring that too. Want coffee? Bring coffee and coffeepot. Beds are hard but better than sleeping on the sidewalk I guess. $85 . . . : / oh and that smell in the hallway? That's NOT the A/C . . .That is human urine

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Robert52444
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We arrived late due to traffic but we were greeted with a very helpful and pleasant receptionist. I believe her name was Sheri. The building was older but very clean. If you are visiting the area you should realize it is an older town and most buildings reflect that. Not a bug, or hair or anything unexpected in our room. It was a very nice stay and everyone we met in the town were very nice. Its fits the area! We will certainly stay again and have already made reservations for next summer.

Room Tip: bring your own hairdryer and shampoo
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WVSPJWolfe
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We have two shihtzus and needed a pet-friendly room for a night after attending a concert in the area. I had read the reviews online but couldn't find a room that met our needs close enough for a late , partied out return. The cost was 109 dollars including the fee for the dogs, which is low in an area where the beer are 4.50 and lunch at a cafe was 35 . I was wary after the reviews and just decided to try and leave if we needed to. We came in, showered and slept so didnt experience the anemeties others mentioned missing. As someone stated above, expect no hairdryer, ironing board, or hot tub. There were outlets that did not work and the room was older but reasonably clean. No stains or stray hairs and clean though older bathroom and dressing area. There was cable tv and wifi and a small fridge. The fridge had a powerstrip so I was able to use it. If you are expecting a modern room, you will not get it - but it was fine. I have stayed at better for the price , but also have paid close to this price for a lot worse. I slept well and the room was warm. Do I want a nicer room that is pet friendly? sure ! but am I apt to find it in this area , not likely. Would I stay there again, probably under the same circumstances.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pfrey
Reviewed February 20, 2010

The pictures on Tally-ho's website look great. We loved the idea of staying in a "lodge" after a day of skiing. When we got there we realized this is actually a nice log shell built around a 1950s hotel motel. There were black handprints on the door, only one light worked in the room, it smelled, there was a hole in the bathroom, the beds looked dirty, and I don't know about this newly remodeled thing they talk about on their website, but our rooms were definitely not remodeled...(unless they purchased their linen from Goodwill). I was afraid to even sit down on the bed. There weren't even phonebooks in the nightstand- probably because they don't want you to look for a nicer room elsewhere.

When I went to the front desk to tell them our room was terrible, the receptionist refused to give us a refund. I told her blatently that I would not let my dog stay in that filthy room. I even contacted their corporate office to try to get a refund with no luck. My credit card company had to refund our money instead. Thankfully we bank with people who care about customer service unlike the folks at the Tally-ho.

We ended up driving 2 hours away to the Westin Super 8. They even gave us a discount because we told them what an awful experience we had at the Tallyho!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WVMtnMomma
Reviewed October 22, 2009

From the outside this hotel looks nice and new. They must have rebuilt a new front on a junky old motel. Not the dirtiest room I've ever stayed in but certainly not clean. My bed looked like the sheets had not been changed i had strange hairs in them, my roomates bed had mystery "stains". We stayed for two nights and the sheets also were not changed for the second night. Also the inside of the front door was filthy and had all kinds of dirty paw prints on it. Clearly it had not seen a wipe down in months. Many light fixtures missing bulbs or hanging funny, bathroom fixture was missing the deflector and just had a bare light bulb. Again not the worst room I've stayed in but if you can I'd go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank sammyj18

Been to Tallyho Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!