“GREAT place!!”

TipTop
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Thomas
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Coffeebar. Edibles. Spirits. Specialty Coffee Roasted by Forty Weight Coffee (Given that our menu changes weekly and by season, expect origin offerings from the regions of Latin American, East Africa and the Pacific Rim to rotate and blow your flavor palate with international notes, that beckon you to discern what exactly is brewing in your cup!)Fresh Baked Pastries, Fine Wine & Beer, Small Batch Craft Spirits, Bean to Bar Chocolate Gallery,Friday Burger Nights.
Gainesville, Virginia
“GREAT place!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere...and delicious hot-chocolate!! Oh yah, the burgers are YUMMY! Great addition to Thomas, WV.

Davis, West Virginia
“my favourite”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

my favourite place in Thomas for coffee, drinks, food and desserts!!! do not miss it, it is worth every cent. i visit at least twice a week for the goods and people.

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Place, Great People”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Tip Top is quickly becoming one of my favorite places in the area. As regulars to the Thomas/Davis communities, we find ourselves falling in love with the area more every time we go back. Tip Top is by far one of the most friendly, comfortable places to spend an afternoon, evening or anytime in the area. The coffee is delicious and the chai is enough to make you stop and say "Wow, that's a fantastic chai". The beer selection is excellent as well. The balance achieved in this place is not something that happens by chance. The owners and staff are consistently and happily there to meet the needs of the customers. I love the family friendly atmosphere and the presence of toys for the kids is perfect. Somehow, Tip Top has managed to create an incredibly comfortable, upscale, yet not pretentious atmosphere. Each time I walk by, I want to go in and just say hello because I know someone inside will be up for some conversation. We have not tried the menu items, but I am sure we will very soon. My only regret is that I am not writing this review from one of the couches at the front of the shop!

1 Thank Brian D
Charleston, West Virginia
“We tried it once, will we try it again?”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

A friend and I stopped by Top Top Coffee on a Friday night (burger night) at the end of October. We both ordered a Chai latte and it was the absolute best I have ever tasted. Delicious! I understand there aren't a lot of eateries in Thomas offering dinner so I was glad to see this establishment was packed. We ordered our burgers to go (no seating available) and we received two burgers with one bag of chips which I thought odd since it was two meals not one. The burgers were very tasty. I guess my only complaint is about the customers not the restaurant itself. There were several women eating together along with several children in tow. The children were running back & forth in the restaurant while the women ate. I found it to be quite disruptive but maybe that's the norm here, I have no idea, but it didn't help the dinner atmosphere.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank LF3245
carchuleta, Owner at TipTop, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for the review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed a delicious drink and burger. The chips that we serve have 2 servings in each bag. Since your order was to go we did not open the bag and split into 2 servings. I am sorry that you were unhappy with the serving size. We would have gladly given you another bag upon request. I am very unhappy to hear that you weren't pleased with our other customers and their children. That is an aspect of our business that we can not control. My husband and I have a 3 year old and he often accompanies us to work so we do have a kid's corner. We are a family friendly establishment and like to provide a place for parents and children to enjoy. Children playing while parents eat actually is "the norm" in our community during Friday burger night. If you are looking for more of a fine dining experience I encourage you to join us on a night when we take reservations for our farm-to-table cuisine. It is a more intimate dinner atmosphere accompanied by candlelight and a live cellist. I hope that you understand and I appreciate the opportunity to explain.
Carrie Archuleta, Owner
Thomas, West Virginia
“Not a place for "dinner"”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Read all of these reviews and thought we were spending our limited time at canaan well by trying this place out- bad idea. Planned on going to a show at the Purple Fiddle, but after our very lackluster experience at tiptop we not satisfied and decided to make it an early night. only three items to choose from at 7:00 on Saturday night- one being soup, one sandwich- both good- but not filling enough after a day on the slopes.
probably better for coffee. not the place for dinner though.

• Visited December 2012
carchuleta, Owner at TipTop, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I am so sorry to hear you were unhappy with your experience. I wish you would have called ahead of time to ask if we had a dinner special for Saturday as we are not a full restaurant yet and do not serve dinners everyday. We do not offer dinner on Saturdays during winter hours. Our Saturday night chef happens to be commited to White Grass Cafe in the winter. We focus on farm to table cuisine June through October when produce is available. Our winter dinner offerings are on Friday and Monday nights. I believe you were served sandwiches and soup off of our lunch menu. If you were unhappy with your experience I wish you would have talked with one of our employees who would have tried to make things right so we would have a happy customer. We are fairly new to the food service and we hope to grow and expand in the future. I hope that you understand and I appreciate the opportunity to explain. We really hope that you can come back on a night when we are serving an actual dinner and that you can have a better experience.
Carrie Archuleta, Owner

Been to TipTop? Share your experiences!