“Awesome food. Awesome staff.”
Review of Flying Pigs

Flying Pigs
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Thomas
Cuisines: American
Description: The restaurant does not have a website, but it is mentioned in a news article here (http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=71706), and on a directory here (http://www.wvfarm2u.org/buy-local/restaurant/Flying-Pigs-Breakfast---Lunchery,NVTscGYPGqk%3D.aspx).
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Just had sweet potato pancakes and biscuits and gravy and a homemade blueberry muffin. The food here is so fresh and good. But it is the staff that makes it. Real, authenticly friendly. You know they are not faking it. Just a pleasant positive experience and with great food and coffee.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Doesn't open until 8 Am for breakfast and then you have to wait a half-hour for the help to fire up the grill! Only open for breakfast and lunch so that gives you a 4-hour window if you HAVE to eat here! Owner is not friendly- very East Coast cold and business-like. Not what you would expect in Thomas, WV!

2  Thank Appalachianwriter
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We love eating at Flying Pigs either for breakfast or lunch. The food is excellent, home cooking. The service is friendly and helpful. We love the Ruben and BLT, but everything is excellent. It is a wonderful place for excellent food at inexpensive prices.

1  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed October 28, 2012

It was so sad... The a actual restaurant is warm and cure. The food tasted old but was hot at least. I think my bitterness comes from te fact that I had to hear two women employees talk about how they were so pissed that their husband didn't file his tax ammendment. I should not have to hear about an employees life specially a depressing angry story!! Ruined my breakfast to be surrounded by negativity. I will not reccomend this place nor will I be back.

3  Thank Luvu4u
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was going to visit the Flying Pig for my second time and was looking forward to having a wonderful meal. I was expecting a repeat of my first visit. I can't make their hours during the week so I was looking forward to eating there this weekend...yesterday in fact. When I came in there was only one table open and it was in the back of the restaurant by the bathrooms and the kitchen door. I didn't feel comfortable there so when a table opened up in the front of the restaurant I told the waiter that I was going to move to that table after it had been cleaned. The waiter who is slight in build with a shaven head then informed me that if a larger party came in I would have to move from the table that had 4 chairs at it. I looked around and saw a couple (two people) at a table that sat six, and also a party of 3 at a table that would seat six. I inquired if they would also have to move if a larger party came in and he responded to me "NO they were here before you...if you don't like it then you can go somewhere else". If that wasn't rude enough... as I left the restaurant I closed door and was walking down the sidewalk when he opened the door and was yelling at me while I was walking down the sidewalk. I think the restaurant has good food but I will never go back. I wonder if the owner allows that kind of behavior from the staff or just doesn't know. Any server that would tell a customer "If you don't like it you can go somewhere else" in my opinion should not be working in the service industry. Maybe Flying Pig just knows that there is not that much competition in the area and to lose one customer is not a big deal. But I think that everyone in the restaurant was wondering why the guy was hanging out the door yelling at me after I left the restaurant. Very un-professional. Next weekend I'm making my own breakfast. Too bad Flying Pig...you lost what would have been a loyal customer.

4  Thank hh20_40

Been to Flying Pigs? Share your experiences!