“What a Surprise in Sutton, West Virginia!”

Cafe Cimino Country Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Sutton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Café Cimino Country Inn, named by Southern Living Magazine as one of The 20 Best Inns of the South 2016, is celebrating 18 years of providing quality dining, hospitality and atmosphere to travelers from around the world. Nestled in a small town in the hills of West Virginia, the property gracefully sits along the lovely Elk River, known for kayaking and fishing. LUNCH is served every day except MONDAY under a covered patio right on the river, from 11am-2pm. DINNER hours are from 4-9pm Tuesdays through Saturdays. The Inn also has 10 B&B guest rooms if you want to spend the night. The room rates include a 3 course gourmet breakfast in the morning!
Reviewed September 17, 2013

You have two choices in Sutton, West Virginia; a plethora of "fast food" restaurants or an absolutely wonderful dinning experience at a price. Cafe Cimino, located at the Cafe Cimino Country Inn, in Sutton, West Virginia will not disappoint you in any respect. The ambiance is a old and beautiful home of substantial structure with gorgeous Oak perfectly treated. The staff, including a few of owners are visible and roaming amongst the guests constantly insuring quality of service and satisfaction with the food.

If that is not enough, the food overall is some of the best I have experienced in years of travel for both business and pleasure. I went big, with a New York Strip and all the trimmings, plus the White Bean Soup, which would have been enough by itself. The Bean Soup was incredible, large white beans, cooked to crunchy perfect, and the flavor was out of this world. Plus, the chef kept sending out these little Aperitifs throughout the meal that were very small but very tasty, and kept you interested in what was next. The Bread was prepared in an outside brick oven and was the best Italian bread I have tasted in years - the real deal. The Steak was cooked to a perfect medium for me and two glasses of wine, first before the meal, and one during the meal, made for a perfect evening of food and great atmosphere.

Depending on time you visit here, there is dining on the lawn, dining overlooking the beautiful Elk River running through Northern West Virginia to the south, and various dining spots around the property.

I took a leasurely walk around the property as well and the setting on the Elk River is priceless. I could imagine a romantic dinner for two and a glass of good wine while experiencing the view, but that is for another time.

Thank goodness for the GPS in my automobile as it delivered me right to this wonderful experience called Cafe Cimino. Drive out of your way to experience it to in Sutton, West Virginia. It is worth it!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We recently spent 2 awesome days at the Cafe Cimino Country Inn at Sutton, WV. From the time we arrived until we left everyone at the Inn were so warm, friendly and attentive. We were treated with the best service and the most delicious food for all of our meals. Their food was always delicious and everything was so fresh. The dining areas were beautiful and so inviting. We have already made plans to return again this year and for our second anniversary next year. We enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere, the awesome food, the excellent service and most of all the friendliness of all of the staff.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

After spending the day on Lake Sutton with 2 other couples, we arrived at this lovely bed and breakfast. The view on the Elk River is nice. Our luggage was carried in and we were shown to our beautiful rooms in the main house. Dinner was wonderful with several little extras from the chef. We had several different meal choices and everyone raved about what they had. The tiella casserole was outstanding. Our waiter, Shaun was such fun and met our every need. After dinner we sat on the huge wrap- around porch and enjoyed being outdoors. After a restful night, breakfast thrilled us with fruit, juice, frittata, polenta cakes, muffins and scones. No one leaves here hungry! Tim and Melody Urbanic, the owners, are delightful and made us feel so welcomed. We will definitely go back here again when we want to get away for good food and rest.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I most recently visited Cafe Cimino to celebrate my mother's birthday and my brother coming home from deployment. They went above and beyond to help us celebrate these occasions. The owner, Melody, had special menus printed for my mom and brother and truly expressed her gratitude for my brother's service to our country! The food was of course excellent...such a great dining experience! We got the antipasta sampler to start off with and it was so yummy! My brother had the lamb and said that it was cooked just perfectly. Eventhough we were full from dinner we got a couple desserts, since of course, it was a celebration! As we were ordering our desserts my brother let it slip to our waitress that there was another occasion to be celebrated, that my husband and I were expecting our first child :-) The waitress brought us a congratulatory dessert of strawberries and whipped cream and decorated all fancy. The dessert my mom ordered was decorated with "happy birthday" and the dessert my brother ordered was decorated patriotic. They really make you feel special!! This was my second time eating at Cafe Cimino and the food and service has been excellent both times. My husband and I plan to make it our anniversary place! Highly recommend!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was invited with some friends, the food was great and the company was even greater. The atmosphere was nice and relaxing, and the staff was most friendly. Glad to have you!