“No complaints” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sutton
Greenville SC
“No complaints”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

As a professional travel planner, I constantly inspect for issues at any hotel I use. While the property is old, the fact that this is a full service Days Inn is remarkable. If you are looking for a Ritz Carlton, don't stay here. After reading the review of the traveler who had "bugs", (after checking in - I am amazed at the lack of rooms available in this region), we stripped bedding to check - no sign. The air conditioning is noisy and I think we were above the restaurant so the smells of food preparation wafted up - but for one night it works. I've stayed in other properties that were much more expensive and had more observations.

Room Tip: Second floor end of Hallway has odors from restaurant.
1 Thank TrvlMstr32

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed there over the weekend and we're so pleased with our entire experience. I rarely write reviews but we enjoyed our stay so much I had to write one. The friendliness of the staff was superb! They were so accomadating and helpful. The restaurant has an amazing prime rib as well as free breakfast. The hotel had so much to do like both pools, gym, bar and an awesome outdoor area... we were so satisfied that anytime we go back to WV this is where we will stay... thank you for making our stay so nice!

• Stayed June 2014
Batesville, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

While driving from Arkansas to Pennsylvania had planned to top in Charleston for the night - and of all crazy things - no rooms anywhere! Turns out - Elton John was playing there! So - we called and called looking for a room - finally found this place well north of Charleston. We checked in at 1:00 am - the woman and the desk was very cheery, helpful & pleasant. The price was reasonable. The room was clean. And the bed was very comfortable. This days hotel was a sight for sore, tired eyes.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SusanCBM
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

The guest room had bugs in it. I woke up after the first night with bug bites on my ankle. One afternoon, when I went to take a nap on the bed, I felt something crawling on me, but it was too late, the bug bit my chest. I reached inside my shirt to grab and squash the insect. I found more of these black bugs crawling on the inside of the room's sliding glass door. The a/c cycled on and off irregularly. The room was usually too hot. I slept terribly. The sink in the bathroom is worn and stained; it must be 30+ years old. The interior side of the bathroom door is warping, the veneer is peeling up from years of moisture. It must also be 30+ years old. The shower stall wallpaper is roughly caulked from when the shower curtain rod was changed out to the new "modern" curved style. At breakfast, they blast scratchy rock music from overhead speakers. The coffee is from a machine which mixes some sort of coffee powder or extract with hot water. It's unpleasant tasting. The powdered eggs are nasty. I took one bite and stopped. The make-your-own waffles taste like glue. Again, it took one bite to figure that out.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 2014_Road_Warrior
Sutton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

the rooms were good, but our only problems were the hotel not serving lunch. My husband came to the conference with me and he has pancreatic cancer and on pain meds and he had to drive across the highway to get lunch and he should not be driving.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gassaway/Sutton
Stonewall Resort
Stonewall Resort
#1 of 1 in Roanoke

Been to Days Inn & Suites Sutton Flatwoods? Share your experiences!