“Very nice”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sutton
Toronto
“Very nice”
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We stopped over at the Flatwoods for one night on our way to Asheville and were quite pleased with the accommodations. It was clean, had good linens and a nice view of the mountains.

We weren't hungry enough for the $23 buffet so we went to the Truck Stop for some really yummy Mexican food. Don't let the exterior of the Truck Stop deter you...it's very good food and service for very little money.

• Stayed June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Martinsburg, WV
Reviewed August 30, 2006

We had a very nice one night stay. The room was very clean. The T.V. and air conditioner worked very well. The front desk was extremely helpful. The bathroom was much larger then I had anticipated. The breakfast included bagels, toast, muffins, fruit, danishes, juice, cereals, milk.

I would stay there again. The rate (during a peak time) was $60.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Missouri
Reviewed June 20, 2006

Just off the interstate in a relatively unpopulated area is this amazing oasis. It's large, clean, well-equipped...I'm not quite sure why a conference center was put here, but we were certainly glad to come upon such a well-equipped facility after a long, exhausting day's drive. Maybe the restaurant wouldn't make a Zagat Best Of list, but for such an area, it's excellent, and the service was better than in most small-town-restaurants-trying-to-be-sophisticated. The food itself leans toward Modern American, the wine list is modest but better than many, and the chairs deeply comfortable. Afterwards, the rocking chairs on the terrace that look out over the valley are just the finishing touch you need. My city-boy husband came back to the room and remarked, "I never knew how relaxing sitting watching a highway could be." Great spot.

Stayed June 2006
1 Thank lemons1
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed May 11, 2006

This is a wonderful hotel that sits atop a hill and is located just off the highway. The staff are very friendly and the hotel is clean and pleasant looking. As the previous poster mentioned, there is an outlet mall just across the highway - not huge, but a variety of stores. I loved the Fiesta pottery store. Behind the hotel is a brand new RV park and trails through the hills that made for a nice power walk. I didn't eat at the restaurant, but I did hear great things about it. A lot of fast food restaurants in the area, but not much else for food. Overall, a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank mysister'ssister
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 9, 2005

I have stayed here on two seperate occasions over the last few weeks. The agency I work for conducts many training and strategy sessions at this hotel. I would recommend this hotel because it offers nice, clean rooms some with balconies and a dinner buffet to die for featuring wonderful, melt in your mouth prime rib - the best I've ever had. There really isn't a whole lot to in this area of West Virginia except perhaps a visit to Bluestone Lake, but most of the people who stay here are just passing through anyway. However, there is a small outlet mall adjacent to the hotel and it is a short drive away. Tommy Hilfiger, Hanes and Black & Decker have stores located at this outlet mall. The hotel features an outside and indoor pool, suana, exercise room, bar, a nice breakfast and lunch buffet.

The only problem I had was with my VISA bill after my first visit. For some reason, the hotel charged my VISA an additional $400.00 on top of my acutal hotel room costs. I am still not sure why this happened. VISA could not explain why either. It took 10 days for the $400.00 to be credited back to my VISA. I used cash to pay for my stay on this last visit. Beware if using a credit card.

Nevertheless, this is the nicest Days Inn I've ever visited.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank ILUVDC

Been to Days Inn & Suites Sutton Flatwoods? Share your experiences!