“Incompetent Staff - Deceptive Business Practices”

Days Inn & Suites Sutton Flatwoods
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sutton
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Incompetent Staff - Deceptive Business Practices”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

We reserved a room on 7-7-12 and the reservationist took my name and quickly tried to end the conversation. I requested a confirmation # to ensure that we had a room since they did not request a credit card number to secure my room. Upon arrival to Sutton, WV, we went directly to a reunion, however we called the hotel to inform them that we would not check-in until 10PM. The reservationist (Molly) said no problem. When arriving to the hotel, Molly told us that she was ordered to give up our room by the GM. Because of severe storms that passed through the area earlier in the week, no other rooms were available. Molly said she could give us the last room, which was a suite but had to charge us $250.00. My original room was $130, which they gave away at no fault of my own. My wife and I and our 2 young boys were turned away because there were no rooms except one at $250, we were forced to leave and drive through the night to our home (4 states away) because there were not any rooms available throughout the state of WV. We felt as if the DAYS HOTEL was trying to extort more money out of us because of the late hour and they knew that there were no other hotels available in the area. Additionally, it was my wife's birthday, so, what an awful experience. So much for southern hospitality! I will never stay at a low class hotel such as this ever again. Normally, I stay at a Marriott or Sheraton hotel, but there aren't any in the particular area of WV.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank travelingmom7777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Wow! Who da thought? Tucked in the middle of West Virginia is an incredible hotel of the Days Inn line. Also a conference center, the hotel is family friendly. Our room/suite was large and stylish. The huge hotel was clean and nicely decorated. A bonus was the amazing buffet in the restaurant - breakfast was included. We watched an amazing sunset from our balcony. A beautiful area just off the interstate that is well worth planning ahead for!

Room Tip: The suite offered extra room and a separate area for watching TV.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Auburn, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Days Inn has definitely stepped up their A game in many of their hotels and this one in particular is WOW! I had planned an over night stop in WV while traveling to Baltimore, but to my surprise every hotel was booked for 80 miles! I found this gem @ 2:30 in the morning and it was amazing. The desk clerk was so helpful and even called a local restaurant to make sure I could get a bite to eat after my long travel. The room was extremely clean and a huge, plush, comfy bed with 5 great pillows was awaiting. There was a nice little coffee pot in the room with several selections, tons of towels, a mini fridge, safe, and basic toiletries. To be located in a small town of 350 people you will be surprised at the size and amenities this hotel offers.
They have a great gift shop full of local crafts, indoor pool, fitness room, and the staff were really nice. I was also so pleased to see they had night time security in the parking lot, arriving at 2:30 alone and being a woman that was great.
The breakfast buffet you get included in your room price is so worth it! They had a full country hot breakfast that really good.
I actually told my family that we need to go up to this place again and stay longer to enjoy this quaint town with this huge hotel!
The hotels I stopped at in Charleston were rude when telling me they were full, but now I am glad they were! It is worth the drive to stay at this place if your traveling. I travel several times per month and stay at a lot of luxury hotels and this place can definitely compete for the price and amenities they offer.

Room Tip: I ended up with a handicap room as that is all they had left. I suggest the king rooms for a couple...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Behind this hotel is a KOA campground. Registration is at the hotel and campground guests can use the hotel's facilities. Very clean campground; however, I felt the cost was a little on the high side. Even though the campground is well maintained and you have access to the hotel's pool, fitness room, etc. I thought $40 was too much for a campground that requires no additional staff and very little employee time.

With that said, we would definintely stay here anytime we are passing through. Like the description says on the KOA website, a KOA Express with great amenities. I would have rated this campground a solid 5 if the cost was a little lower.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Real nice facility. Clean, neat, nice staff. A little hard to get to off the Interestate, it is hard to tell which way to go to get to the hotel. Room was clean, but kind of worn. The carpets and furniture are old. Room is the old style with the toilet and shower in a bathroom and the sink out in the room. The free breakfast buffet was outstanding. They have smoking rooms, which in this day and age is refreshing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank lrs-ljs
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stopped here by chance on way home. Very pleased with room, staff, pool and on site restaurant. We are still talking about the breakfast buffet. Also conveniently located close to a Fiesta outlet.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

This motel is very nice, clean and the employees have always been
very friendly. The rooms are in need of a lil updating, pillows, blankets, etc...
Otherwise we really enjoy our stay here price is reasonable, shopping at the
local shops are nice and we like to get a room facing the Interstate.
The next morning Breakfast is a great way to start your day. We have also
been there for some of the dinners they offer, pretty good, can be a lil pricey depending
on whats on the menu. The pool is always clean and we enjoy the excersice room.

Room Tip: Interstate View is nice and you can also see the shops
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rick c

Been to Days Inn & Suites Sutton Flatwoods? Share your experiences!