“A nice surprise!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sutton
Wooster, Ohio
“A nice surprise!”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My adult son and his wife and my husband and I went to West Virginia to visit our hometowns and to enjoy the fall foliage. The hotel is in the Wyndham family of hotels. It sits on a hill overlooking I-79 and has an attached conference center. Our rooms were very comfortable and had a small balcony which was a surprise. It would have been more enjoyable in warmer weather. My son and his wife checked out the hot tub and said the temp and cleanliness was very good. I enjoyed the wi-fi and had no difficulties. The room was quiet and the beds were very comfortable. Included in the very reasonable room rate was a full breakfast buffet and a friendly server who made sure the coffee kept coming. The dining room had huge windows that looked across the valley. We all agreed we would would return to this hotel !

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RNmls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This hotel was absolutely wonderful. Not only was I so surprised to find such lovely accomodations in such a small town, but the customer service was unmatched. Everyone was really friendly, and my favorite part was the on-site restaurant. The prime rib buffet was incredible! I'm used to paying $50 for a decent meal. I was so shocked that for under $25 I could get prime rib, shrimp cocktail, soup, salad, pasta, chicken or pork, dessert, and sweet tea! The fitness center was also a pleasant surprise! And the gift shop had all kinds of neat WV gifts. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice place to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank WVGirl2012
Morgantown
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed at this property, as a conference was held onsite. The room was a bit small but clean and in decent repair, with a balcony overlooking I-79. The Wi-Fi did not work in the building I was in, and when I complained to the desk clerk and later, the manager, I received conflicting explanations. The desk clerk said the Wi-Fi would be up momentarily (it never worked during my stay), and the manager said the building I was in had experienced problems for several days but was otherwise unapologetic. For business travelers, this is a big concern. For this reason alone, I doubt I will stay here again.

The breakfast buffet is what you would expect out of this class of hotel: not horrible, but not great.

Room Tip: Make sure the Wi-Fi is working; otherwise, ask for another room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank briansdrivein
Riverside, New Jersey
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stumbled upon this hotel in the mountains of West Va. My friend and I weren't sure what brand sponsored "days hotel", we thought it might be a knockoff. We needed to stop because of the darkness in the mountains. The local store attendant assured us, it was really nice but a bit pricey. To our joy, it was about $100.00, and it was lovely. The room was large with two beds. The indoor pool was nice, the gym was small, the free breakfast buffet was wonderful, don't miss the make your own waffles! All in all, we loved this jewel right off I79.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank cheryl o
Romulus, Michigan
Reviewed October 8, 2011

This place has a breakfast and dinner buffet which was included in my stay. The hotel is not what i would expect from a Days Inn. I thought Days Inns were much worse than this. I would compare this hotel (only this one) to a Hampton Inn! I will be back because they have everything I like in a Hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dmscotto
san francisco
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Large, ugly older building which is off-putting at first. However, we were pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff, the nice, clean rooms (although the carpets were all pretty dark and looked like they could be updated. They were probably clean but you couldn’t tell). The bathroom could use some air circulation! The pool was great, nice exercise equipment and the hot breakfast was absolutely fabulous. It was served in a restaurant setting and the variety was great – from make your own waffles, to eggs and sausages, to cereals and yogurt, etc. And best of all, it’s smoke free!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lees Summit
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Had a great stay 8 years ago. We were curious if the establishment was as good as it was back then... Glad to report that the place hasn't skipped a beat. Good clean rooms at a great price with a fantastic buffet.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn & Suites Sutton Flatwoods? Share your experiences!