All reviews the main house carriage house west virginia frittata polenta next morning italian dishes creme brûlée bubble bath turn of the century lived closer bed and breakfast antipasto platter star restaurant farm to table stay overnight anniversary celebration
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have lived in wv my entire life and can't believe it took me 40 years to visit this gem in the heart of WV. Five minutes off of I-79 and only an hour from charleston, it's a wonderful overnight romantic getaway. Our room (the Annabella) had a great terrace overlooking the river. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a welcoming staff, taken to our room and drink orders were taken and brought directly to our room. (Not to mention I sat on the terrace and watched the bartender pick the fresh mint from the garden for my mojito!!!!). Dinner was superb. Service was over the top. Room was impeccably clean, comfortable and welcoming and surprisingly quiet (we stayed in the main house where the dining room
and kitchen were). The bar down by the river is cozy and the drinks were excellent. Will DEFINITELY be going back.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Crystalbastin
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Hello there! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We loved having you: you two knew everything to do to enjoy all that we offer-the food, your room, the grounds, the bar, the river. We love when guests explore and find all of our little hidden away nooks and crannies for chilling out and relaxing, enjoying the natural surrounds, and who enjoy our hospitality staff :) Please come back soon...and often! Cheers, and thanks again, Melody, your Innkeeper

Reviewed May 25, 2014

In September of 2013 I attended a wedding of my best friends here and I just can't say enough about the wonderful setting and the positive catering attitude of the staff. I stayed for two nights and the whole thing was just wonderful. The attendees of the wedding had booked up almost the entire b&b except for a few rooms (and we soon became good friends over a bonfire and glass of wine).

The first night we were there we had the rehearsal dinner and rehearsal followed by sitting around a bonfire and enjoying good company beneath the trees listening to the stream behind the inn. A member of the staff continued to check on us and even offered to bring fixings for s'mores out! The service was hands down the best I've ever received while in WV.

The wedding was beautifully put together, the food is incredible (especially the bacon at breakfast) and the location is relaxing and far away from lights, city noises and traffic. The wedding was magical and I'll definitely be back post-wedding. It's a little pricey, but well worth it. If you need some down time and some good food and drink, come here.

Room Tip: You can't lose.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear "Wedding Escape" friend! We appreciate so much that you took the time to share your experience at our Inn with the Trip Advisor world! As you can tell, we love to see that our guests have a good time as well as good food, drink, a good night's sleep and "the breakfast bacon!" Thank you again for sharing, and we hope to see you again soon (and often) Cheers! your hostess & innkeeper, Melody

Reviewed May 14, 2014

No hesitation, Cafe Cimino is worth traveling miles for. From the moment you arrive, you will love it whether your visit is for a meal or an overnight You receive a warm welcome the instant you open the door. John, Jill, Shawn or Cassie will be eager to bring you tea, wine or help with luggage. The dining experience is five-star. This place can hold its own against any place around the globe. If you are fortunate enough to spend the night, you will be offered a three course breakfast that I have none to compare. Hands down the two breakfasts I had here are by far the best I have had in my life. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are very quiet. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: The Lucia is an excellent choice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank gjeran
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Traveler!!! We are so happy that you were pleased with your 2 day stay at the Inn (with 20 or so of your closest friends and family!). It was our pleasure :) Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your review with the Trip Advisor world! That really helps get the word out about our "little slice of heaven" that is Café Cimino Country Inn. again, thank you from Chef Tim, melody & all of the staff here at the Inn! Please come back soon & often! We'll keep a good supply of the "sticky toffee pudding" for you :)
Cheers, Melody, your Innkeeper

Reviewed April 15, 2014

After 9 hours of touring the curvy back roads of KY and southern WV on the motorcycle, I had just said to my husband "I sure wish we could find an unexpected unique place to stay", however, it wasn't looking likely. We had just about given up when we saw the B&B sign on the roadside. WOW!!! Cafe Cimino Country Inn far exceeded my wish or any expectations we could possibly have. We pulled up to the end of the brick road to see couples enjoying candle light dining on the front porch of a beautiful historic mansion. Much to our surprise, and despite our wind blown appearance, we were welcomed by the most gracious staff and escorted to an available room in the carriage house. The accommodations were beautiful and comfortable. We had a gourmet dinner with a wonderful bottle of wine, all with continued OUTSTANDING service from the staff. We enjoyed a bonfire after dinner before tucking in for a much needed nights sleep. Breakfast was as delicious as dinner...and again, the staff was better than great!! WHAT A TERRIFIC PLACE! The next time we stay, Cafe Cimino Country Inn will BE our DESTINATION.

Room Tip: They offer rooms inside the main house, in the carriage house and suites in a building behind the house. We enjoyed being in the carriage house with a separate entrance and little deck for our enjoyment.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2up-BMW
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Wow!! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our family Inn!!! Imagine my happy surprise to return from a week's vacation and see your kind words about your dinner, stay & breakfast at our Inn. The best thing you shared, for me. was your thoughts about our wonderful staff! I think I share your sentiment...they are pretty Outstanding! You know what I think it is? The "hospitality gene"...some folks have it and some don't. We strive to hire the ones who just love people and service. Your lovely review just endorses that practice. I learned once, in a customer satisfaction training, that the original Old Man Nordstrom, who became touted as the hallmark for his customer service staff, said, when asked how in the world he had such incredible service-what was his secret, " I hire the "smile" and train the rest". I always thought that was pretty cool. thanks again for your review. The staff are all just "beaming" after reading it :) Please come back soon and hopefully, I will be able to meet you next time. Cheers!
Melody, Innkeeper/Owner

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I badly needed a getaway, not too far away, from the gloomy weather and water problems of my hometown. ‘Café Cimino is the place!’ said a friend who’d recently had a girls’ weekend there. ‘It’s warm, friendly and the food is great.’ If anything, her accolades were an understatement. As soon as I arrived I was greeted with a lovely welcome from owners, Tim and Melody Urbanic, engaging staff member Kara, who treated me to homemade chocolate chip cookies and hot tea, which I ate and drank on a cosy couch by one of several fireplaces. Afterwards I went for a pre-dinner rest in my pleasant, comfortable room, The Logan, which has a wood inlaid sleigh queen bed with a selection of pillows to sink into. I had requested a bathtub rather than a shower; the clawfoot soaking tub was truly luxurious with a connected hand shower. My dinner, mussels in a special Cimino tomato sauce, salad, and a hazelnut chocolate cake, was terrific. The quality, with very different selections, was echoed the other two nights I stayed. The restaurant is broken up into several dining rooms on the first floor of the Inn, allowing for an atmosphere of intimacy and ease. Breakfasts, generally cooked by Chef Tim, are a culinary wonder, ranging from quiche to Spanish tortillas (and much more that I don’t know about), accompanied by mini-scones, rolls, and fresh fruit, juice, excellent coffee, and choice of teas. Café Cimino Country Inn is located in the charming small town of Sutton, West Virginia, with some wonderful houses; some in use, others waiting for new owners. A stone jail that looks like a mini-castle is currently vacant, would be fantastic for imaginative development. The Elk River runs behind Sutton. During good weather guests of Café Cimino can dine by or near the river. I was snowed in for an extra day at Café Cimino. Tim and Melody, dog Maggie May, and the staff couldn’t have been kinder making me feel totally at home. Food and drink didn’t run out. I have stayed in inns and b&b’s throughout the U.S., Canada, and Great Britain. Café Cimino Country Inn, with its combination of hominess, friendliness, gourmet food and sophistication is unique and wonderful, a perfect place for a celebration, a getaway, or to just hang out.

Room Tip: Go online to check out the rooms; there are good descriptions.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank terry p
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Hello there Dear Guest! We all truly enjoyed your company during your 3 day stay and hope that you did as well (even though one of the nights you were kind of "stuck with us" due to the snow!). You made it easy to make you comfortable and happy during your stay; the staff enjoyed getting to know you, as did Chef Tim and I. Thank you for sharing your cool music with me; that was fun singing along with Fred Astaire on that snowy morning! Hopefully other folks from your city will find us and love our little town; we do have neat architectural buildings-many of them ready for someone to see a future for them and start a little business. Maybe even you!!! Anyway, thanks again for sharing your food & lodging experience with us- and with the Trip Advisor world. Please come see us the next time you want to "getaway from it all"...Café Cimino Country Inn is always here for you :) your Innkeeper, Melody