All reviews the main house carriage house west virginia frittata next morning italian dishes tomato sauce creme brûlée bubble bath turn of the century lived closer bed and breakfast antipasto platter star restaurant farm to table stay overnight anniversary celebration
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spent the weekend at the nicest bed and breakfast .Everthing was wonderful including the food. Go have dinner there and you will be hooked. You might as well spent the night too in one of their very comfortable rooms so you can test one of the comfortable beds. And the breakfasts are sooo good. Everyone is so nice and treated my "special "son so well and made us feel welcome. This was my first B&B trip , not sure I was the type. But I really enjoyed it and looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: Slept in the Lucia room and recomend it, the bed was amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you are travelling through WV and looking for a great B&B, or if you live nearby and would like a weekend get-away, Cafe Cimino is the place for you. The B&B, located in a superbly renovated Victorian home, has a wrap-around porch and wrap-you-up comfort. Everything is lovely, but best of all is the food. As a WV resident, I can attest that this is among a very few memorable restaurants in the state, and it could compete anywhere. My husband and I have travelled -- and eaten our way around! -- the world, and we love this place. Try it!

Room Tip: The 4 in the main house are special.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2013

It's the people that make this such a romantic getaway. From the greeting at the door to the wave goodbye, it is by far the best service/spoiling one would want. We enjoyed a private carriage house room, the beautiful grounds and a long and relaxing dinner personalized with Happy Anniversary on our menu and our dessert plates. The thing that stands out the most is that everyone willingly will take care of your every wish. The waiter from the next table had robes sent to our room upon hearing a comment and our own waiter arranged for us to sit at a fire in the garden area. In between people made us welcome without infringing on our privacy. We certainly enjoyed the company of Kara and Caleb and Melody. We can't wait to go back this summer for the dinner and live theater opportunity.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review of your stay here at our family Country Inn! We are so happy that you came and we got to help make your Anniversary even more special. The staff got so excited that you mentioned them and remembered and appreciated their service. We say that "it takes a village" to run our Inn, restaurant, bar, spa, etc...and we really mean, a village; all of the staff are either within walking distance or very close by. They take great pride in their work and its always nice when nice folks like you share that you noticed! Thanks again, and come back soon! Your Innkeeper, Melody, for all of us here at Café Cimino Country Inn

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Last fall, my wife and I spent two nights at the Cafe Cimino, and we loved it, My best friend from graduate school and I wanted to meet somewhere convenient to both of us, so I suggested Sutton, West Virginia (I live in central Kentucky, Jim lives near Charlottesville, Virginia). I also highly recommended the Cafe Cimino for its excellent accommodations and dining. We were not disappointed! We arranged to stay for two nights, giving us time to hike and explore and to catch up. After doing some of the former, we sat on the deck and enjoyed a glass of wine before going inside for dinner. The food (both breakfasts and dinners) was outstanding, a real prize. Awards and accolades for chef Tim were in abundance, and Tim's son Eli is not to be outdone by his father. This is a grand place to stay if you're looking to get away but not sacrifice comfort, hospitality, and great food.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main house are spacious and very comfortable. I stayed in the Logan Room, which has a soaking tub and a hand-held shower head. Because of this, I wouldn't recommend the Logan Room for anyone who may have problems with ambulation or balance.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Hello there! What a pleasure it was to serve as the venue for your and your dear old friend's reunion. You were both just the perfect guests and we got kind of used to having you here! Next time you should both bring your wives and we can show them the spa services available and get to know them, too. I am happy that you took to the road and explored a little of West Virginia while you were here and even happier that you enjoyed hanging on the veranda and catching up with your college friend...you made us look good, sitting there, sipping a glass of wine and chatting! Can't wait to see you again. Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on trip advisor (and Eli will be proud that you enjoyed his cooking while Dad, Chef Tim was away in Italy!) Cheers, Melody, your innkeeper

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The weather was perfectly wonderful after driving in driving rain for 400+ miles! The welcome was warm and our room was just what Tess, our Aussie/poodle mix had asked for....her own balcony overlooking the Elk River, her own food and water bowls, her own towel, and her own blanket for the bed....AND her own people that she could join at dinner also overlooking the river. CCCI takes 'pets welcome' to a whole new level! Oh, yes, they are welcoming to two legged guests also, and go the extra mile to make certain everyone is comfortable and happy...right down to a roaring fire pit on cool evenings....and did I mention the antipasto plate? Or the wine selection? And the tuna was perfectly cooked.

This was the second time we'd dined there, and our first stay, but it won't be our last. We always meet the most interesting people! Melody and Tim attract them, and provide the atmosphere for easy conversations. We come away feeling refreshed and revitalized. Thank you, Melody for your warmth and caring...it takes a lot of energy to do what you do, and do it so well. And thank you Maggie May, for sharing your territory.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Travelers! Thank you so much for sharing your visit with us with our Trip Advisor community. Tess was the perfect 4 legged guest (and her "human parents" weren't too bad either!) Your lust for life and for people was so evident to everyone here this past weekend; it is no wonder that you had such good conversations. We look forward to your next trip through West Virginia so we can pet your sweet doggie, Tess, again. All of the staff look forward to seeing you again, as well. Thank you, again! Melody, your innkeeper (p.s. Maggie May says "come back soon"!