All reviews the main house carriage house west virginia frittata next morning italian dishes tomato sauce creme brûlée bubble bath turn of the century lived closer bed and breakfast antipasto platter star restaurant farm to table stay overnight anniversary celebration
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Last fall, my wife and I spent two nights at the Cafe Cimino, and we loved it, My best friend from graduate school and I wanted to meet somewhere convenient to both of us, so I suggested Sutton, West Virginia (I live in central Kentucky, Jim lives near Charlottesville, Virginia). I also highly recommended the Cafe Cimino for its excellent accommodations and dining. We were not disappointed! We arranged to stay for two nights, giving us time to hike and explore and to catch up. After doing some of the former, we sat on the deck and enjoyed a glass of wine before going inside for dinner. The food (both breakfasts and dinners) was outstanding, a real prize. Awards and accolades for chef Tim were in abundance, and Tim's son Eli is not to be outdone by his father. This is a grand place to stay if you're looking to get away but not sacrifice comfort, hospitality, and great food.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main house are spacious and very comfortable. I stayed in the Logan Room, which has a soaking tub and a hand-held shower head. Because of this, I wouldn't recommend the Logan Room for anyone who may have problems with ambulation or balance.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Hello there! What a pleasure it was to serve as the venue for your and your dear old friend's reunion. You were both just the perfect guests and we got kind of used to having you here! Next time you should both bring your wives and we can show them the spa services available and get to know them, too. I am happy that you took to the road and explored a little of West Virginia while you were here and even happier that you enjoyed hanging on the veranda and catching up with your college friend...you made us look good, sitting there, sipping a glass of wine and chatting! Can't wait to see you again. Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on trip advisor (and Eli will be proud that you enjoyed his cooking while Dad, Chef Tim was away in Italy!) Cheers, Melody, your innkeeper

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The weather was perfectly wonderful after driving in driving rain for 400+ miles! The welcome was warm and our room was just what Tess, our Aussie/poodle mix had asked for....her own balcony overlooking the Elk River, her own food and water bowls, her own towel, and her own blanket for the bed....AND her own people that she could join at dinner also overlooking the river. CCCI takes 'pets welcome' to a whole new level! Oh, yes, they are welcoming to two legged guests also, and go the extra mile to make certain everyone is comfortable and happy...right down to a roaring fire pit on cool evenings....and did I mention the antipasto plate? Or the wine selection? And the tuna was perfectly cooked.

This was the second time we'd dined there, and our first stay, but it won't be our last. We always meet the most interesting people! Melody and Tim attract them, and provide the atmosphere for easy conversations. We come away feeling refreshed and revitalized. Thank you, Melody for your warmth and caring...it takes a lot of energy to do what you do, and do it so well. And thank you Maggie May, for sharing your territory.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Travelers! Thank you so much for sharing your visit with us with our Trip Advisor community. Tess was the perfect 4 legged guest (and her "human parents" weren't too bad either!) Your lust for life and for people was so evident to everyone here this past weekend; it is no wonder that you had such good conversations. We look forward to your next trip through West Virginia so we can pet your sweet doggie, Tess, again. All of the staff look forward to seeing you again, as well. Thank you, again! Melody, your innkeeper (p.s. Maggie May says "come back soon"!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I did not stay at the Inn, however I did eat here. The food was absolutely delicious. The gift from the chef was outstanding, and my dessert could not have been better. I would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling through the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dbieniek
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Hello& thank you for your review of your dinner with us! I'm glad that you enjoyed the little "gift from the chef". It is Chef Tim's little twist on his Grandma Cimino's potato gnocchi. He does the same modern twist on his family's old world polenta recipe by pan searing little firm chunks or slices and serving it at breakfast and as a side with some dishes in the evening. Please come back again and hopefully stay with us next time...we can talk "food" over coffee in the morning, then you can enjoy even more gourmet goodness :) thanks again for suggesting us to the trip advisor "world" of foodies! Your innkeeper, Melody

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I took my wife here for an overnight stay to celebrate her birthday. Let me start by saying that everyone on their staff was excellent. All of them were so accommodating and friendly. It started when a nice young man in slacks and a tie greeted us as we exited our car with an umbrella so that we wouldn't get wet from the rain. And it finished with Chef Tim sharing some of his personal Costa Rican coffee with me at breakfast the following morning. We ate dinner in the main building and had drinks afterwards in their lounge. Dinner was superb! I had the filet and my wife had the scallops. They really stress using locally grown products and you can taste it in the food. At dinner and breakfast both, you could taste the quality and both Chef Tim and Chef Eli's passion for food really comes out in the flavors. We stayed in the main house in the Annabella room and it was extremely cozy. We loved the décor. Our bed was also very comfortable. We also really enjoyed their lounge, Little Dishes. Its off from the main building and it has a great view of the Elk River. We'll definitely be staying and eating here again in the future. Probably many, many more times actually. Thankyou's to Chefs Eli and Tim for looking out for my wife's food allergies, to Jill our wonderful server at dinner, to Shawn for our lovely conversations by the fire, to Kara and Caleb for taking care of us in the lounge, and to Melody for being such a gracious and accommodating innkeeper.

Room Tip: My advice would be to stay in the main building if possible. The décor is wonderful and it was such an experience descending from our room on the second floor directly into the dining room. It makes you feel very important!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steelrhog

Hello there! Thank you so much for your review of your Birthday Getaway for your lovely wife! I think that you "earned some brownie points" for planning such a relaxing celebration for her. We often say that the guests that arrive ready to have a great time, to experience everything they can, always do! You two exemplify that perfectly; we saw your bright smiles from the time you arrived to the next morning when you departed! It was our pleasure to assist your celebration in any way we could. All of the staff are so impressed that you remembered them, by name...wow! We are so happy that you found us and look forward to many more visits with you. Thanks again for your encouraging comments...they mean a lot to all of us; even after 14 years, I get a little misty eyed when guests share their good time at our Inn :). Sincerely, your Innkeeper, Melody

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Cafe Cinimo is a WestVirginia gem! We booked one of the suites behind the main house. We ordered wine and cheese which we enjoyed on our balcony overlooking the Elk River. Our dinner and three course breakfast the next morning were superb. In fact, we met a couple from New York who go out of their way when traveling to make an overnight stop. They say they come for the wonderful scones served at breakfast. The staff is so friendly and accommodating, making sure all your needs are met. Truly a wonderful place!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy M

Thank you for your review of your stay with us! We get a lot of "Joy" from helping our guests have a great little getaway. So happy that you enjoyed the private riverfront balcony; I think that is one of my favorite spots on the property. Our staff remembers you and we're tickled to get a "shout out" for their service! I can tell you that they all genuinely love serving the needs of our guests; but, I guess you already know that! Thanks again for sharing our little "gem" with the Trip Advisor world! And come back son! Your Innkeeper, Melody