“Great food!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Cimino Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sutton
Cafe Cimino Country Inn
You added Cafe Cimino Country Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 1 Sutton B&B and Inns
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I did not stay at the Inn, however I did eat here. The food was absolutely delicious. The gift from the chef was outstanding, and my dessert could not have been better. I would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling through the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank dbieniek
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Hello& thank you for your review of your dinner with us! I'm glad that you enjoyed the little "gift from the chef". It is Chef Tim's little twist on his Grandma Cimino's potato gnocchi. He does the same modern twist on his family's old world polenta recipe by pan searing little firm chunks or slices and serving it at breakfast and as a side with some dishes in the evening. Please come back again and hopefully stay with us next time...we can talk "food" over coffee in the morning, then you can enjoy even more gourmet goodness :) thanks again for suggesting us to the trip advisor "world" of foodies! Your innkeeper, Melody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bridgeport, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I took my wife here for an overnight stay to celebrate her birthday. Let me start by saying that everyone on their staff was excellent. All of them were so accommodating and friendly. It started when a nice young man in slacks and a tie greeted us as we exited our car with an umbrella so that we wouldn't get wet from the rain. And it finished with Chef Tim sharing some of his personal Costa Rican coffee with me at breakfast the following morning. We ate dinner in the main building and had drinks afterwards in their lounge. Dinner was superb! I had the filet and my wife had the scallops. They really stress using locally grown products and you can taste it in the food. At dinner and breakfast both, you could taste the quality and both Chef Tim and Chef Eli's passion for food really comes out in the flavors. We stayed in the main house in the Annabella room and it was extremely cozy. We loved the décor. Our bed was also very comfortable. We also really enjoyed their lounge, Little Dishes. Its off from the main building and it has a great view of the Elk River. We'll definitely be staying and eating here again in the future. Probably many, many more times actually. Thankyou's to Chefs Eli and Tim for looking out for my wife's food allergies, to Jill our wonderful server at dinner, to Shawn for our lovely conversations by the fire, to Kara and Caleb for taking care of us in the lounge, and to Melody for being such a gracious and accommodating innkeeper.

Room Tip: My advice would be to stay in the main building if possible. The décor is wonderful and it was such...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steelrhog
Hello there! Thank you so much for your review of your Birthday Getaway for your lovely wife! I think that you "earned some brownie points" for planning such a relaxing celebration for her. We often say that the guests that arrive ready to have a great time, to experience everything they can, always do! You two exemplify that perfectly; we saw your bright smiles from the time you arrived to the next morning when you departed! It was our pleasure to assist your celebration in any way we could. All of the staff are so impressed that you remembered them, by name...wow! We are so happy that you found us and look forward to many more visits with you. Thanks again for your encouraging comments...they mean a lot to all of us; even after 14 years, I get a little misty eyed when guests share their good time at our Inn :). Sincerely, your Innkeeper, Melody
Cross Lanes, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Cafe Cinimo is a WestVirginia gem! We booked one of the suites behind the main house. We ordered wine and cheese which we enjoyed on our balcony overlooking the Elk River. Our dinner and three course breakfast the next morning were superb. In fact, we met a couple from New York who go out of their way when traveling to make an overnight stop. They say they come for the wonderful scones served at breakfast. The staff is so friendly and accommodating, making sure all your needs are met. Truly a wonderful place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Kathy M
Thank you for your review of your stay with us! We get a lot of "Joy" from helping our guests have a great little getaway. So happy that you enjoyed the private riverfront balcony; I think that is one of my favorite spots on the property. Our staff remembers you and we're tickled to get a "shout out" for their service! I can tell you that they all genuinely love serving the needs of our guests; but, I guess you already know that! Thanks again for sharing our little "gem" with the Trip Advisor world! And come back son! Your Innkeeper, Melody
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I truly enjoyed our stay at the inn. The rooms have everything you need and are very quiet. The inn is owned and operated by Chef Tim and Melody Urbanic. The food was OUTSTANDING and prepared by the Chef himself. As owners, both Tim and Melody personally ensure your satisfaction by visiting you during dinner. Wait staff was excellent. And you are constantly reminded that they truly appreciate you being there. The inn is situated along the Elk River which provides for a peaceful walk, great trout fishing or just sit along the river and enjoy the peace that Sutton and West Virginia have to offer. The town is very quaint and only a short walk from the inn (1 block). I just can't say enough about this stay and will definitely return!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John N
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello you two!!! You guys were so delightful. From the time you arrived to the time you departed, you were so open to our staff, to us, and to our little town; out walking and exploring, petting the "house therapy golden" out on the porch, enjoying all of our indoor and outdoor venues! We enjoyed serving you and can't wait to see you again :) Thank you for sharing your review with fellow travellers!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The Cafe Cimino is like a home away from home for us and most visitors. I think that Tim and Melodie, the proprietors, know half of WV and the region. Every guest is treated a long lost friend coming home to share their stories and travels since the last time back.
We have stayed in several of the rooms, and I have visited each one. The rooms are so comfortable, and every necessity has been considered and provided. One room features a large outdoor balcony and another one has a large clawfoot bathtub, and I always have a hard time choosing.
The food, both for dinner and breakfast, is worth every penny and every second of the drive. I can't say enough about the menu choices, and anything with gorgonzola sauce is amazing. Don't miss the antipasto appetizer -- it is especially good if you order it and take it to your room and sit on the balcony with a bottle of wine and watch the river flow by.
Retire to the downstairs bar after dinner for a nightcap! There is always something entertaining going on.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank NjoyNLifeandLove
melody u, Owner at Cafe Cimino Country Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear traveler and "friend of Cimino's", Thank you so much for your glowing review :) We are just so happy that you like us enough to keep returning and enjoying what we have to offer...we just designed the Inn to do for others what Chef Tim and I like to experience on our travels! It's really as simple as that---and I'm glad you and others appreciate that. If the food, service and atmosphere is good, then our guests' stay will be good; and that makes us happy!

I'm also happy that you enjoy the outdoor terraces, balconies and porches that our guest rooms have. All but two guest rooms offer a nice outdoor space to enjoy the scenery, the river, stars and the occassional glass of wine. The weather's about to get nice and warm again, so please plan your next visit with us (or just drop by "on a whim"!) and we can serve you your gourmet fare out on the veranda or down by the river :)
thanks again for sharing your review with Trip Advisor...you will, no doubt, bring us more folks who "njoy life" the way you do!!!
Cheers, Melody
(p.s. we will have to swap travel stories when you visit next!)
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a great weekend! first off they allowed my dog to come which is a special in itself. We stayed in Maggie Mae room which was so cozy and nice with a wonderful private deck that overlooks the Elk River (what a view!) and they even had a doggie gift basket for our pet on arrival!!! no other place we have stayed has been so pet friendly! Now the food - I Loved it! better than the Greenbrier for sure! I won't go too much on about the food bc you can see all of the amazing post about the food from others and I do agree with them all!
Now the staff- so friendly and accomidating! they will literally do anything for you! I actually saw one chopping wood b/c someone mentioned that they wanted to sit outside near the fire pit! He could have easily said no , but he set it up for them! wow! The staff has been there since the opening with little turn over- you can tell they really love their job!
In conclusion this is a great place all around esp for the price! I have been to the Greenbrier multiple times and I agree this place is cheaper and just as wonderful! My husband and I are in our 30s - we loved coming here and felt that more young adults from charleston, wv should visit this place. This is a boutique hotel without the boutique prices! Also to add the inn keepers are fantastic and truly love their guests! Thank you all for the wonderful weekend and Clementine says thank you too!

Room Tip: I recommend the carriage house - a little more private :-)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DoctorHendricks
Hey there! What fun you two were:) The staff are so proud and happy about your review of your two day getaway with us here at the Inn (as Chef Tim and I are, as well). But, I must say, you came ready to enjoy everything we had to offer and went out and enjoyed the walk to the dam. into the community, to our little art gallery, etc...thanks so much for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor world community! We can only hope that you come back soon and that your review "attracts" other young prefessionals just like you! Clementine can tell her doggie friends how cool her little getaway was, too :) thanks again! Melody
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way home from a family visit. The staff made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived--greeting us on the front porch. Our room upstairs was large, clean and very comfortable. I'm always grateful for Victorian-era homes that are elegantly decorated rather than drenched in doilies and knick-knacks. The dinner was superb! Wish we lived closer so we could be regulars. We lingered over wine by the fireplace. How great to then just walk upstairs after a wonderful meal. It was too cold for us to enjoy the seating by the river, but looks like it would be great in warm weather.

Room Tip: All of the rooms upstairs are lovely
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ShowMeSomething
Wow! Thank you for your review of our little Inn :) We are working at trying to better reach the Washington, D.C. area; mainly because the guests that have dined and stayed with us from that area seem to just really appreciate what we do here! If you can share any marketing ideas we can employ in the DC area, they'd be much appreciated; however, it appears that Trip Advisor is "king" for getting the word out! It is amazing to us that our little family business in central WV has the national and international clientele that we do; I guess that if you do what you love, people feel and taste that...and it attracts more and more saavy travelers :) And, since I do all of the decor in the Inn, I really appreciate that you also like a "more streamlined/practicle" bedroom decor, too :) I especially want the "guys' to not feel like a "bull in a china shop"---like they can't move around freely or touch anything. Thanks for mentioning that! Come back and see us soon, when the weather gets warmer, and you can sit down at the riverside bar and watch the river flow by and dine on the veranda at the main house :) thanks again! Melody
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton
Days Inn & Suites Sutton Flatwoods
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gassaway/Sutton
Stonewall Resort
Stonewall Resort
#1 of 1 in Roanoke
4.0 of 5 stars 854 reviews

Been to Cafe Cimino Country Inn? Share your experiences!