“Overpriced”
Review of Cafe Acropolis - CLOSED

Cafe Acropolis
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is good but far overpriced, the service excellent, the decor somewhat ordinary. The outside seating area is a nice idea (though a bit tired), but the noise from the highway below make for a less-than-pleasant dining experience.

1  Thank wemlass

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The lamb chop dinner was excellent - $29.95 for three chops with risotto and oven roasted potatoes plus a Greek salad. My wife and I split the dinner and it was more than enough for the two of us.
The bread was stale and nothing more than ordinary. The salad was nice but it came with just one kalamata olive which we thought was ridiculous. Why would you skimp on something like that? In addition to the dressing and the feta, the olives are what makes it Greek!!
We did feel a bit rushed when we were not even halfway through our salad when the entrée was served. The wine prices are on the expensive side for what are merely mediocre choices ($7.50 per glass and $31+ for a bottle).
The staff is very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

The food is a bit pricey, but the portions are big....well worth the price. Friendly atmosphere, great owners, and very tasty authentic Greek food. The owners are from overseas near Greece. The products are fresh and the desserts are homemade!!!!! Go in jeans or dress up for a date. In the summer eat outside under a lattice of grapes they use in their place.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The food here is good and this is one of the few places you can get Greek food in the area. The menu is a mix of Greek and Italian. I would say it is overpriced for what you get. The salad is small and mostly iceburg lettuce, you get a few slices of bread with the meal, and the portions are average. It's a nice break from chain restaurants.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This is my friend's favorite restaurant. I met her there for an early dinner. This is not an easy place to find! It is right off 19, but you have to know how to get there! The atmosphere was pretty nice, but I felt that the meals were over-priced. There are not many choices in that area, so that may be a concession one has to make. The staff is friendly & very attentive. The food was good, the Greek salad was good, but only had iceberg lettuce. We ordered a variety of entrees & everyone tasted them, & enjoyed them. I really wanted to love this place (know others who do), but I was not impressed. I did not feel that the quality of the food merited the $20+ price range on the menu. I would always rather support a local business, so if money is not a huge issue you will enjoy the experience more than the chain restaurants along the highway!

1  Thank labsadore