“It's good for a chain” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Greenville, Pennsylvania
“It's good for a chain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We had a very nice waitress. She brought our food out hot and kept refilling our drinks. Food was good for being a chain. It was a pleasant stop while traveling through the area.

Erie, Pennsylvania
“ever feel like you were made a fool of for stopping at a restaurant chain”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

we were served approximately 3oz each for two bowls of chili,,,,,at $4 each bowl. or 3 shot glasses worth of chlli. I am not exaggerating. ,,,,I paid my $27 bill but feel i made an error of not calling on the manager. it tasted ok for what little there was

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
Summersville, West Virginia
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

For a consistently good* dining experience, Applebee's delivers. Good food & beverages, great serving staff, and a nice atmosphere. The reason for the asterisk? We don't recommend dining after 9PM. For some reason the kitchen staff really goes downhill after that time--long waits (even when they're not busy), food that isn't prepared properly or arrives cool to cold. Unless you like kareoke, avoid Wednesday evenings. Be advised that Friday & Saturday evenings can be very busy, so you may have a 20 - 30 minute wait for seating.

Visited March 2014
Collingwood, Canada
“Odd place, needs some fine tuning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Upon entering, the restaurant seemed quite pleasant, staff were in the Halloween mood, all dressed up. We were seated and our server asked if we would like something to drink. I asked for a glass of wine, and she asked for photo ID. Now this is not an unusual request, IF I were under 30, or looked it anyway. Not to give away my age, but I retired after a long career, two years ago. I thought she was joking, given the "trick or treat" nature of the calendar date, but she was dead (no pun intended) serious and said "I risk losing my job if I don't see it". I asked why, and she stated she thought it was a state law (look it up, it isn't - apparently it's only this Applebee's at this location, at least that I could find). First off, a server should be a little more aware of things like this, why her restaurant has this policy, I'm sure she's been in other restaurants in the state. We provided my driver's license (after my husband went back to our hotel room to get it) and along came my wine - IN A BRANDY SNIFFER!! When I asked if I could have a wine glass, she responded "I'll check, but we were all out, they were all on other tables". Now this restaurant was not full, nor were there people lined three deep at the bar. Perhaps they should invest in a few more glasses. On the upside, the food was good. Not sure I'd go back though the next time I stop here on our way south. Here's the odd thing (as if it could get any odder), we told her we were staying at the hotel across the street (you get a 10% discount when you show your room key). We went to show her the key and she said "oh I don't need to see it". So she can give us the discount without any proof that we're entitled to it, but can't serve 55 plus individual a drink without proof. Anyway, the bill came without the discount and we had to remind her. All in all not an overly positive experience. But if you want decent food at a good price, close to the hotels and highway, hey then, this is your restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank gjw4956
Spring Hill, Florida, Usa
“Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

It's just a typical Applebee's but a nice stop when on the road. The server was friendly, the manager roams the restaurant and is pleasant and cares about you.

Visited October 2013