“Nice place for a quick stay”

Hampton Inn Summersville
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Summersville
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I usually take two days going from NC to PA. We usually stay in Summersville on Rt. 19 and have stayed at other hotels in this area just for one night. When we arrived at Hampton Inn, the staff had our room keys all ready. The room was bigger than expected and even had a refrigerator, which was unexpected. The bathroom was a bigger size than usual as well. The hotel had a complimentary breakfast, which was more than just coffee and bagels. There was a variety of breakfast items which was beneficial for traveling with children. The staff was also very friendly and would stay there each time passing through.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I believe this is my third/fourth time to stay at this hotel over the last 6+ years. This time was still great regarding staff/service. The beds were very comfy. Cleanliness still gets high marks in my opinion. This was our first time to stay during the summer, so it was our first time using the pool. It was a nice outdoor pool. It has a chairlift to aide in entering the pool. Breakfast was typical Hampton...very good. My only "complaint" was that our air shut off often. I tried leaving just the fan on, but it had a very stale smell when I did this. It was rather noisy "off/on" which I know happens in some rooms. When it was off...the fridge in the room took over with a noisy, constant "bubbling" sound. If you are not a light sleeper you should be fine. I will still stay here in the future. I will probably just ask for a 1st or 2nd floor room...maybe they have updated those AC units?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to break up a trip from Charlotte to Pittsburg. It was very nice. The room was clean (wonderful bed) and the staff was very courteous and friendly. The lady behind the check in desk actually brought fresh baked cookies out to us when we were sitting in the TV area. The breakfast was much more than a continental breakfast and you could tell the lady who was hosting the breakfast took pride in her job. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is one of the worst Hampton Inns I have stayed in. It was obviously an older building. The clerk in the lobby seemed impatient when I asked about restaurants and other things nearby. TVs in two rooms were distractingly fuzzy in quality. The internet on my laptop in our room was very slow. On the other hand, the hotel seemed very clean and some of the maids were very nice. Due to allergies, I don't usually stay in pet-friendly hotels, but it was not a problem.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel could use some updating. The web site indicated the lobby would be redone starting June 1st but breakfast would still be served. I do hope the renovations will include the rooms. While the bed was the comfort you expect with Hampton, the furnishings and walls are showing their age. We were so tired it was fine for our one nights stay.

Room Tip: If travelling south on 19- turn right at the second light, then left into the McDonalds parking lot...
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stay at a lot of Hampton Inn's. We always know we will get a comfortable bed, a great breakfast, and usually pretty quiet hotel. This location was no exception. Everything was very clean, the hotel was incredibly quiet (and we even were on the 1st floor). Breakfast was hot and the staff was wonderful. We only stayed 1 night, but we will continue to stay at this hotel as we travel back and forth between NC and Pittsburgh.

1  Thank Erica B
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were travelling through from PA to TN and needed to stop for the night. The were very helpful when we called ahead for a reservation and the room was great. Very clean, fresh and nicely furnished. Definitely would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summersville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Summersville
Quality Inn New River
Quality Inn New River
#1 of 1 in Fayetteville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gassaway/Sutton

Been to Hampton Inn Summersville? Share your experiences!