“I Stay Here Every Fall” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Summersville
Newport News, Virginia
“I Stay Here Every Fall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

For at least one day and have always been satisfied and felt like I got my moneys worth. Rooms are always large and clean with an iron and board plus fridge and microwave and a coffee pot as well. The free WI-FI is fairly quick also. My dog travels with me on my fall foliage vacation in this area and the $10 extra I have to pay is worth it. This Best Western is way better in all aspects to the Super 8 that's up the road.

• Stayed October 2009
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Charlotte, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

We made a stopover in Summersville and wish we'd slept in the car instead of staying here. The front desk staff was surly and the room was overpriced. The room smelled like a dirty diaper that was barely masked by flowery air freshener.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CorgiSlave

Travelers are raving about these Summersville hotels

Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2009

There were two rooms left when I arrived at this motel. The front desk girl was very pleasant and was probably the best part of my stay. The room only had one working lightbulb out of three or four desk lights. I called the front desk (other girl had gone off shift) and the woman told me that maybe the bulbs were burned out or unplugged, for me to check and see and if they still didn't work to call her back and she would put new lights in. She was polite. I already knew the switch by the door operated one of the lights--it was the only working one. For the seventy plus the room was going for, no guest should have to check to see if lights are plugged in. I ended up taking the light out of the lamp that wasn't burnt out and put it by the bedside table. There were also fruit flies in my room.
The vending machines and elevator to the second and third floor are through a door leading out of the office and in an isolated corner also accessible from the outside--not an inside elevator. Although accessible from the office, it was not viewable from the office. The safety potential was not there.
Best Western was highly reccomended to me by a friend who has had only good experiences, so it isn't the chain itself. If they are going to charge what they charge they should pay closer attention to room maintenance and clean out the isolated elevator area and maybe put a camera there.. It gave me the creeps--it's a little area ripe for a mugging. Once again--the front desk staff was very courteous and friendly--they weren't the problem--but I'd recommend another motel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank americuss
Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

I booked my room based on reviews here. I love Best Westerns and I also stay at Four Seasons, so I know quality. I booked 3 weeks in advance for a non-smoking room and received what they called a non-smoking room. It is a room that has been heavily smoked in, but "people are not supposed to". The carpet has massive stains and the room has been sprayed to mask another odor. Staff was apologetic but said they were helpless as they are alwasy booked up. I would not want to walk on the floor in my socks.
By the way, I'm a Harley rider, former U.S. Marine but there is no excuse for this place not to undergo remodleing. Stay away until they do.

Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank WashingtonRider58
Rochester NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

We stayed here for a night to break up the drive between Georgia and New York State. It was clean and friendly, with wireless internet (though the all-too-frequent issue of no free electrical outlets to plug in a laptop -- none in the desk area -- I had to pull out the night stand and unplug the clock and work from the bed). There was a channel guide in the room (yay), but the only cable news station was Fox (boo). The better eateries were a couple miles north (Bob Evans, Applebee's, a Mexican place). We picked up a coupon book at the West Virginia Welcome Center, so got a fantastic overnight rate. Overall, the room was quiet, clean, comfortable (with an easy chair!), and smell-free.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank madinpursuit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summersville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Summersville
#1 of 1 in Fayetteville
Super 8 Summersville
Super 8 Summersville
#6 of 7 in Summersville

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!