“Great Hotel”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Summersville
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We have not stayed here before, but will certainly return The rooms are large, extremely clean, and comfortable. Everything was new, carpet, furniture, bathrooms, beds and they had the most comfortable sheets. The room is totally equipped, dresser, closet, iron, ironing board, microwave and fridge. We usually stay in Summersville on our way to Myrtle Beach because it is about half way. We will be staying at this hotel from now on. Oh and did I meniton the staff..........we were made to feel welcome at the front desk, and the houskeeping crew is top notch.

Room Tip: The king Size room is great, very large and comfortable with a capital C.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maggiet1946

Reviewed August 7, 2011

First off, this review reflects that this is a Best Western, not a five star luxury resort. We stayed here last year and again this year and will return again next year. Since our last visit, the rooms have been redone with new bedding and I think new beds as well. They look very nice and were extremely clean. The beds were comfortable and though the hotel is right on the busy highway, you cannot really hear it once you are inside the room with the AC on. The AC worked very well. Mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and desk in room. 24 hour coffee and juice in lobby. Free internet in lobby. Breakfast has many offerings and though the dining area is very small, I don't make a concern about it as I am on vacation. You can have oatmeal, cold cereal, donuts, bagels, muffins, biscuits, toast, eggs, sausage (and sausage gravy), french toast, or fruit for your selection. Maybe the only thing they could add would be yogurt. For the room rates, you cannot beat the location, cleanliness, offerings, and friendliness of staff. We booked online for $63, but my family phoned the reservation line and found they were offering a manager's special for $50 per night. I called and had the reservation changed to the lower rate. I would only complain that this rate should have been available via the internet as well under the best value choice.

Room Tip: Call the booking reservation line to see if they are offering managers specials-lower than posted in...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank snorkeler-6
Reviewed April 21, 2011

The Best Western was conveniently located half way to Myrtle Beach on our recent road trip. The hotel was a great value, clean, had friendly staff, and very comfortable beds (king room).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank April M
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I have stayed in this motel on several occasions over the years. It is an older Best Western and in recent years has been a little down-at-the-heels. I was astonished in October - the rooms (always large) have been totally done over - new furniture - new plumbing - new carpet - new wall coverings - new heat and air units.. An outstanding value for the money ($60 + tax AARP rate).

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank twestonmorris
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We spent the night at the Summersville, WV BW enroute to our home after a week's vacation.

I was able to get this hotel for a reduced price on PriceLine name your own price. I'm glad I didn't pay the price that was on other websites.

The place is utilitarian. The office is quite small. Besides the check-in desk there is also a small eating area with four tables and a sitting area with a television. The rooms open up to an open walkway.

Our room had two queen beds, refrigerator and microwave, low granite countertop in the sink area. It was clean but had a run down feeling.

There is no pool or fitness center. Dairy Queen shares the parking lot .

With the the AC turned down low and the fan on we didn't hear the motorcycle traffic and truck traffic too much on Hwy. 19.

The beds were comfy and the continental breakfast had a good selection of food.

There is a good selection of restaurants within a mile or two.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maelrarny
Reviewed March 17, 2010

This is an older motel near the highway with thin walls sound travels easily.
The breakfast is meagre. Having said this the room was clean and the price was good.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2009

For at least one day and have always been satisfied and felt like I got my moneys worth. Rooms are always large and clean with an iron and board plus fridge and microwave and a coffee pot as well. The free WI-FI is fairly quick also. My dog travels with me on my fall foliage vacation in this area and the $10 extra I have to pay is worth it. This Best Western is way better in all aspects to the Super 8 that's up the road.

• Stayed: October 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summersville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Summersville
#1 of 1 in Fayetteville
Super 8 Summersville
Super 8 Summersville
#5 of 7 in Summersville

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!