“Not up to standard”

TGI Friday's
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: IN HERE, IT'S ALWAYS FRIDAY! We're the "best bar in town." With drink specials everyday, we've got something for everyone. Looking to bring out the family? We can do that too with our restaurant and dining area. With the best service in town and new management we are ready to serve anyone who walks in that door!
Reviewed April 22, 2013

While I typically am a fan of TGI Friday's, my experience at this one was terrible. On a Sunday evening, we found the temperature fridgid to begin with. Service was poor and slow, admitting they only had 2 waiters trying to cover the whole resturant. Then when my food arrived, which was over rice, I took a bite to find broken plate mixed in my rice - ugh!! I returned my food and was brought another and given my meal free, but the overall experience was terrible.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

TGI Friday's is a sports bar and grill type place literally dripping with your typical wall-mounted "antiques" and old signs. As my wife and I sat waiting for our food to arrive, my thoughts wondered to the question, who chooses (buys) all this stuff, and more importantly, who DUSTS it all? That led me to wonder if they had some kind of vacuum duster. Over our table hung a an old toy piano...upside down...presumably to better show the keys. Such establishments cater to two types of clientele--those old enough to have OWNED such stuff and those young enough to wonder why anyone would hang such stuff on walls and think it adds atmosphere to the place. While we were at this establishment for dinner around six, the diners were decisively of the latter group.

When the food did arrive, it was barely lukewarm. As an appetizer, we had soft pretzels with some kind of cheese dipping sauce. THEY came so hot I needed a napkin to pick them up. They were also exceptionally good. I ordered beef kabobs which came on a nice rice pilaf with mixed veggies (heavy on zucchini, from what I could tell). I had them substitute cheddar potato wedges, which were excellent though, like the meat, and unlike the pretzels, far from too hot to handle. With that were appropriately warm, flatbread wedges.The entrée itself was what I objected to as being too cool. My wife had a half-rack of barbecued ribs and unexceptional "seasoned" (apparently just salted) fries as well as a tomato mozzarella salad (cherry tomatoes with cherry-size chunks of mozzarella) and an Italian dressing. She seemed satisfied from what I could tell.

For dessert we shared a warm, very moist Jack Daniels Whiskey Cake with vanilla ice cream--quite good, a notch above the typical desserts found at Applebee's, O'Charley's, Chili's, or Max & Erma's. The chain also features a Jack Daniels barbecue sauce available on most of their grilled dishes. One might think old Jack owned stock in the place. The bill came to a not inconsequential $41. And since the service was pretty good, we left a five-dollar tip.

The TGI Friday's in the up-on-the-mountaintop shopping plazas just south of Charleston, West Virginia, is owned by The Bistro Group out of Cincinnati, which operates 28 TGI Friday's ® Restaurants & 5 McAlister's Delis ® throughout Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania. Someone there might want to come check the heat lamps used to keep unserved food hot at this one. My guess is they've substituted flood lights to save some money.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I ate here with my family while on our way to a funeral. We only had an hour, and once we told our waiter that, he was literally running to make sure we could get our food and make it on time. We were incredibly impressed with the patience that this man exhibited, while we quickly ordered, asked for the check and boxes the second he got our food, and ate as fast as possible. He even gave us to go cups. so we could finish our drinks on the way. We will absolutely stop here again, if every person shows as much care as this man did.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I ate there 4 times over the course of 9 months and each time I ate there the food was worse. I sat at the bar to eat and the bartenders are NOT friendly. I used to enjoy eating at Friday's but not sure I will frequent one for a while.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stopped with the family to get a quick bite after a long day of shopping. It was evident from the beginning that our server was new so our review is not about her lack of experience; we give her high marks for trying. We started the meal with the Chip Trio appetizer which consisted of a bowl of salsa, queso, and humus along with a small amount of tortilla chips. The serving of chips was only enough for each person (4) to have two to three chips. The salsa, queso, and humus lasted much longer then the chips which resulted in requesting several refills. My wife had a 6oz sirloin which was dry and flavorless resulting in copious amounts of steak sauce. I had the chicken sandwich and the others had the pulled pork sandwich. The chicken sandwich was also dry and the sauce overpowering and a little bitter. The pulled pork sandwich was good as were the seasoned fries. As for the restaurant it was clean and the staff pleasant but the music was a mix of 80’s pop and heavy metal. With all of the options available near this place we will go someplace else next time.