“Relaxing Short Stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Charleston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was a nice hotel. It was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and in good condition and the breakfast options in the morning were fine. The hotel does not have a pool, but the front desk staff told us we had access to the pool at the hotel next door. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
WingateCharlestonMGR, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Bradley T,

Thank you for the nice review. We hope you will come back and next time we will strive for a 5 rating.

Cordially, S Arnold, GM
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2014

When we checked out, I sadly left a makeup bag with a number of fairly expensive cosmetics behind. I am quite certain I left it in the bathroom. I called the hotel several hours after we left and was told that the cleaning service had left for the day. I called the next day and no one found it. When I asked that they double check, the person at the desk, hung up on me. I think the way he ended the conversation was very rude and it is my firm belief that someone in housekeeping found it and kept it.

Dear Gail A,

While I can sympathize with your loss of an item that was left behind by you , I really do not believe that accusations are applicable. I cannot tell you how often during my long career in the hospitality business that someone thought they left something only to find it in their luggage or other explanations. Please accept my apology that the team was not more receptive to investigating this item and be assured I will look into this personally.

Thanks, Sandy Arnold, GM
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We recently used the Wingate in South Charleston to reserve a block for my wedding guests. From the first time I contacted them, the staff was so incredibly friendly. Donna helped me set up my block, and she was just wonderful.

My now in-laws worked with Donna and the Larry (I believe he was the manager) to set up a breakfast for my out of town guests for the day after the wedding. The hotel offers a free breakfast, but basically they set up a room for us to use so that we could all eat together and congregate a little before all heading home. They were incredibly easy to work with on this. Then on Friday, our rehearsal dinner location was rained out, and Larry was so helpful in letting us relocate there. It really resolved a lot of stress on my part.

There were a lot of little things that really added up to big things that the staff demonstrated that just really showed that they cared about the guest experience.

Now onto the hotel itself - the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
WingateCharlestonMGR, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear AmandaJo614,

Thank you for the kind words about the staff. It really is all about our people. We were glad we could accommodate your guests, especially when we experienced rain and you had to move to someplace indoors. Think about us for your 1 year anniversary.

S. Arnold, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Charleston
Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 3 in South Charleston
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South
Hampton Inn Charleston - Downtown

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Charleston? Share your experiences!