“Overall we enjoyed the hotel we had a room on the 6th floor...”

Wingate by Wyndham Charleston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Westland
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I would stay here again if I had to, some of the rooms descriptions are misrepresented. Why advertise a kitchenette when you don't have it, cabinets and a sink do not count. I was looking forward to being able to cook instead of eating out, and when I called a few days ahead to verify whether or not there was a refrigerator and stove I was told there was but once I checked in, I found no stove only a mini fridge and microwave, that ever room has, This is a rip off which can cost an extra $20 a night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Athens, Ohio
Reviewed March 7, 2014

never stayed at a Wingate hotel before--but now we definitely plan stay at Wingate if all possible when travel --from via room confirmation reserve few days before stay till check out everything excellent -ESPECIALLY the cleanliness of Wingate ( Charleston WV - though our daughter n son in law have stayed at Wingate and since always do--never told us till after we were in Wingate and bragging on Wingate--said they didn't want to influence our choice or opinion but glad we'd now also discovered Wingate ) Staff from desk manager to house keeping -all were very nice, professional yet personal. Always cleaning day and night yet in way not to interfere with nor disturb customers. All seem like working at Wingate and their co-workers. Though always cleaning was in good not slavery manner. Everything was clean including top of ledges and under sinks where you'd normally expect to find dust and between furniture and walls. EVEN the light fixture that hung from ceiling in lobby--No one expects to be always clean--but standing on 2nd floor and looking down into lobby able to see the top of it--surprised and empressed that not only the cable holding it but also the bowl fixture also was clean. Breakfast was great with splenty of fresh quality items and area spacious not crowded. Loved curtain system--even though I "thought" the room on dark side as most folks other than me would prefer to be at night ( I love lots of light even at night till I turn lights off-then I like darkness ). I thought the curtains didn't all close not all open all way but I was wrong--I didn't totally figure out how their curtain system worked till morning we were checking out not did I ask or someone would have helped me and I'd found out there actually was splenty of light of day also. After discovering their curtain system ( not complicated at all just was for me but not in future ) I love their curtain system--very neat. Staff was very knowledgible of things we travelers ask about and give clear easy to understand information. We've stayed cheap to high cost lodging--most are same just difference in price especially due to location, holidays, etc., some not wroth money whether pay cheap or high. But our stay at Wingate Charleston WV and what we know form our daughter n son in law and the reviews ( reason we chose Wingate in Charleston WV ) and reviews of other states have Wingate hotels reason we chose Wingate of Charleston WV---had better reviews than all rest. GLAD we chose Wingate of Charleston WV--Wingate anywhere is our choice form now on. Anna & Stanley Metz Athens WV stay at Wingate was March 17-19, 2014. Also just as see pictured online--you don't see one thing get something else. Also they almost gave a 1 bed room when we had booked a 2 bed room (but that was trying to do good for us plus ground floor due I was to have a cath and possible stents )--but very nicely let us see it and if didn't want it offered let us see every room hotel had not already taken and choose room we wanted. The one bed think was king bed was very nice and would have done but we needed 2 beds due my snoring and post cath procedure. We chose the next one on 2nd floor with 2 queen beds--but probably would not mattered cause all their rooms are nice and spacious. Had we not liked it r wanted to change next day they'd let us do that. Wingate goes out way to please. Most of all it's the cleanliness that won us over. Most all of us love nice looking updated lodging but most important cleanliness and Wingate are definitely clean!!!!!!! They don't miss a spot.

Room Tip: I guess if RR noise bothers you then you should ask for rom hear less of RR train when they pass. I...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
WingateCharlestonMGR, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Anna M, Thank you for the review, I am glad to hear that everything went well while you were here. I thank you for your comments on the staff and our hotel. I'm glad you found it so clean and accommodating and I'm happy that you want to return to us in the future. We will be looking forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Charleston
Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
Hampton Inn Charleston - Downtown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Charleston? Share your experiences!