Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
$169
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
1,118 results
All reviewsfront deskthe holiday innhot tubwingate by wyndhamfree sodafree breakfasttrain tracksvery nice hotelbeds were comfortablea great staynice breakfastwould definitely stay here againparking lotthe breakfast areanice roomone night staycookies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here two nights the end of May. I had gotten the hotel using Hotwire and I was really happy to get this hotel. It is only given 2.5 stars but it is a nice as many 4star hotels that we have stayed at. The room was recently renovated and was very clean and much larger than the 4 star we had stayed the previous 3 nights in NC. The bathroom had not been redone but was also clean. They had a large nice lobby area and a very nice breakfast. They even have fountain sodas and cookies that you can get all day long. The staff are very nice and helpful. When we left we had not gotten breakfast, but they went back to get me some food "to go". We asked for a room that didn't look out on the highway at all so we had a quiet room!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
WingateCharlestonMGR, Admin Staff at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Spacecoast1234, Thank you for the review! It is great to hear that you had such a nice time while you stayed with us. It is also nice to hear how helpful the staff was to you. We truly look forward to future visits from you! Thank you again!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The decor of this hotel is very modern and contemporary. Even though we were in West Virginia, it felt like we were in NYC. The rooms, and common area very well decorated and easy on the eye. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The staff was friendly. The only slightly negative was the quality of the breakfast. The offerings were limited and not so fresh. The coffee was not good at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Mark H, It is great to hear from our guests, and I thank you for the review. I am sorry about the quality of the breakfast that you received, as well as the problem with the coffee. I will look into this and see what can be done to assure the freshness and the quality of the breakfast that our guests receive. We hope that you will give us the chance to show you that it has improved.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Very nice hotel but the housekeeping staff did not clean under the commode seat. Advised front desk and they thanked me but did not send anybody to clean it. I feel that they could have done that.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Rocky M,
Thank you for the review and I am sorry about the cleaning issue you experienced. I will make sure to have this issue brought to the staff's attention so that it does not happen again. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to show you that it has been corrected in the future!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Wonderful hotel. The only reason it's not a 4 star is because the restaurant is next door in their "sister" hotel, the Holiday Inn. Lovely room, clean ~~~clean. Nice staff.
I couldn't re~set the clock (it was not on daylight savings time). They could use block out drapes, but otherwise, it was perfect. No noise, great location: right off I-64. Although it says "south" Charleston, I would say it's really West Charleston. Not downtown, but great access to interstate. I was in room 512 and didn't hear any trains at all. Fantastic breakfast with "real" hot food and many choices.

Room Tip: Someone else suggested to ask to be "away" from train noise, so that might be a good idea if you're a light sleeper. King room had great size and lovely bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

El1948,
Thanks so much for the review! I am so glad to hear you had such a great time while at the hotel. Thank you for the compliments on the room and staff and on how quiet it was for you. I look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel has obviously been renovated not too long ago - the rooms are very nice and well laid out - beds are comfy, plenty of electrical outlets, mini fridge/microwave, and it seemed to be relatively quiet. I had no issues with the bathroom, as some other reviews mentioned - I don't think they were renovated, but mine certainly functioned just fine. There is a train just out back, and while it does make some noise, you get used to it very quickly.

The location is very solid - about 10 minutes from downtown, and very quick access to the major highway. The sister hotel next door has a bar/restaurant, as well as a pool that guests are allowed to use (though I didn't, so no comment on it). All the staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast is just great! I will definitely be staying here when back in the area, and would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

jonyd1,

Thank you for the nice review! It is a great thing to hear that a guest recommends our hotel and would come back when they are in the area. Again thank you so much and I look forward to seeing you soon!