“A great stay for my mini getaway!”

Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
“A great stay for my mini getaway!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My fiance and I were celebrating two years together and we picked Charleston as somewhere relatively close that had some fun things to do. We really enjoyed our time in Charleston, and the Wingate by Wyndham was amazing. I booked online, but still was able to easily upgrade to a jacuzzi suite at check-in for a wonderful price. The staff were warm and friendly and accomodating. The room was gorgeous: updated, modern, sleek. The bed made for two nights of fantastic sleep, and that jacuzzi tub? Fantastic, and well worth the small upcharge. We found the hotel quiet and peaceful, and didn't notice any hallway, stairway, or outside noise. Also, the hotel is kind of out-of-the-way yet conveniently located at the same time. I could be back on I-64 within a couple of minutes. Very easy to navigate to and from the hotel.

The hotel has a hot tub for guests, but we went in it our first night and found the temperature tepid at best. The chlorine in it was too strong and my eyes were burning and sore within minutes. The jacuzzi tub in my room made up for all of that! Also, the continental breakfast was one of the largest spreads I've seen a hotel put out. Kudos to them for having a waffle maker - it made my day!

Room Tip: Corner suite near the stairwell: large, quiet, lots of great natural light.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
WingateCharlestonMGR, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
murflegirl, Thank you for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and had such a great time. Thank you for the praise of the hotel and it's staff as well. I'm sorry about the temperature of the Main hot tub and the problem with the pool chemicals you encountered. We have looked at the problems and they have been corrected so that this doesn't happen again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Charleston
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South
Hampton Inn Charleston - Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Charleston? Share your experiences!