Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
$117
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskindustrial areapancake makermexican restaurantqueen roomcontinental breakfastrooms are smallyogurtovernight stopwater pressurenice place to staymicrowave and fridgeshort stayenjoyed my stayoff the highwayconvenient location
Reviewed September 12, 2012

maybe it was just me but getting to this hotel is tricky, the entrance seems to be on a curve to get from one street to another. this is my first time in charleston so maybe this is normal. room was recently renovated, bed was comfortable and clean. staff was great, friendly. did not use wifi or partake in the breakfast. plenty of parking. would stay here again..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Staff was extremely friendly. Night clerk helped after I botched up my reservation and was one day early. Fairly clean, bed was very comfy, TV worked, A/C worked great. Complimentary continental breakfast had great variety. I thought it was worth the price. Lots of things around the area. Hardee's directly across the street and Krispy Kremes down the road.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. We got a non-smoking room. When we arrived there were signs in the room warning us of the charges that would be given if smoking occurred. Around 10 at night I was awoken by the smell of strong cigarette smoke. I called the front desk and they said that it was coming through the vents. I asked if I would be charged for the smell, as I could not open the windows as they had permanent locks on them with another warning sign. My clothes in my suitcase smelled of this hotel until they were cleaned. Our room was not cleaned everyday and when I called about it, nothing was done. The bed was soft and slanting. The hotel is located about 50 yards from a train track, so one hears these trains throughout the day and night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed thru my employer at a discounted rate. The Staff was good. The price-- good thru my employer-- alittle pricey if done alone-- for the stay. Mattress was extremely comfortable. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Just passing through on our way to Chicago. Only room available was queen suite - two small rooms (not well divided), two queen beds, pull out couch. Three pillows on each bed; no pillows or sheets for the pullout. Front desk was very accommodating and quick when I called for sheets (we had our own pillows with us). Clean, comfortable, a little threadbare / worn looking though. Two nice TVs, nice small bathroom, fridge and microwave. No ice machine on main floor. Continental breakfast is slim variety of cereal, bagels, toast, fruit, coffee, juice. As a celiac diabetic this does me no good. Healthier variety and also staying open later would be great. Rate was $120 per night; $109 with military discount. They want an extra $100 deposit if you pay cash.

• Stayed: August 2012