Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
  • Restaurant
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskindustrial areapancake makermexican restaurantqueen roomcontinental breakfastrooms are smallyogurtovernight stopwater pressurenice place to staymicrowave and fridgeshort stayenjoyed my stayoff the highwayconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed in one of the Queen suite rooms because there were 3 of us and this would allow each of us our own bed vs doubling up. The room was nice. It was clean, the shower was great, lots of water pressure. I had to go to the desk to ask for sheets and blankets for the sofa bed. I was told I could have sheets and blankets (if you wanna call a bedspread a blanket), but she didn't have any pillows. I asked if maybe they could get me a pillow from a room that wasn't reserved for the night and she said, NO. She took me to the storage room to get the sheets and there were two pillows on a shelf. I asked if maybe I could have one of those and she said she didn't know why they were there, but No, I could not have one. If they aren't going to supply linens for additional occupants, then don't advertise for rooms to accommodate them. My other complaint would be the man that checked us in was, for lack of a better word, creepy! If I had been checking in alone, I would have left and booked somewhere else. At first I just thought he was rude, but then he seemed to warm up a little and immediately just turned to creepy! Walls are also very thin which makes the place a little noisy. The best part of the stay though was BOB. Bob was the man who did the morning breakfast bar. You talk about pride in your job. That place was spic and span. If anything was spilled he was instantly on it, even a crumb. He cleaned everything and made sure everything was there if you needed it. Good job Bob. Companies should never hesitate to hire a Senior! Breakfast was adequate, but nothing special.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LucyandSophiesMom
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were traveling to Fairmont, WV and stayed here for one night. The price was right and the room was good. The only thing is the top sheet had some cigeritte burns on it (supposed to be non smoking!). Otherwise the room was nice, breakfast was ordinary. Location was good, right off the interstate.

Room Tip: Hotels are higher that what you think in Charleston, WV. This is a good value for your money!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2011

clean and basic with 2 tv;s 2 queen beds and couch that pulls out into a bed. You probably could pack in 8 if needed comfortably as they have these sofa/seating (2)areas by the windows where the loosers of the grab straws can sleep. No real separation of rooms though. Back side of motel backs up to a train track which is active, I would opt for the front side of the motel given this did wake me up twice.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank whalehead
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here for medical boards. It was quiet and the staff went out of their way to ensure a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2011

My wife and I were on the last part of a 30-day touring holiday in the USA. We arrived in Charleston having driven all day - some 440+ miles. The car park of first motel we tried was full of pick-up trucks and other work vehicles so we gave that a pass. The receptionist at the second was so unhelpful and curt to the point of being rude.

Literally, on our last legs we then drove to the adjacent Microtel. What a difference. The receptionist was most pleasant and welcoming. We had never stayed in a Microtel before before and did not know what to expect.

The room turned out to be superb. The motel had recently been refurbished and someone had gone to great lengths to design some pretty impressive features into the room. A window seat with recessed lighting above, a width-ways mirror behind the bed with concealed flurescent lighting above and the bathroom was a joy.

Continental breakfast was excellent. Overall, by far the best motel we had stayed in throughout our holiday.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple