“Great place for a business stay”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Florida
“Great place for a business stay”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here for medical boards. It was quiet and the staff went out of their way to ensure a great stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed July 6, 2011

My wife and I were on the last part of a 30-day touring holiday in the USA. We arrived in Charleston having driven all day - some 440+ miles. The car park of first motel we tried was full of pick-up trucks and other work vehicles so we gave that a pass. The receptionist at the second was so unhelpful and curt to the point of being rude.

Literally, on our last legs we then drove to the adjacent Microtel. What a difference. The receptionist was most pleasant and welcoming. We had never stayed in a Microtel before before and did not know what to expect.

The room turned out to be superb. The motel had recently been refurbished and someone had gone to great lengths to design some pretty impressive features into the room. A window seat with recessed lighting above, a width-ways mirror behind the bed with concealed flurescent lighting above and the bathroom was a joy.

Continental breakfast was excellent. Overall, by far the best motel we had stayed in throughout our holiday.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank indicator
Greencastle, IN
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We were traveling from NC to IN and needed a place to sleep for the night. The Microtel was a perfect pick for us.....they were right off the interstate, and had a Hardees right across the road. The rooms were clean and they have a simple little continental breakfast that got us on the road quickly in the morning.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank aksunrae
Hillsboro, West Virginia
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Don't waste your money! We thought we were getting a good value with this hotel and all we got was grossed out! They swore we didn't have a reservation when we tried to check in and then we they finally rounded us up a room, it was a small queen room that reaked of smoke and looked like the bathroom at the 7-11. Would have much rather paid the extra money for something bearable!

• Stayed December 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I come in from CIncinnati twice a month and stay 2-3 days for work. I have stayed here since March 2010. Always clean and warm or cool depending on the season, and most of all a very very helpful staff regardless of the time of day or night one comes in !!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Todd S
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed April 25, 2010

The AARP price of $79 per night is a good deal in Charleston. The property is on a quiet side street between the railroad track and a large factory, and the rooms are small but clean. The plumbing works, although you'll want to drink bottled water because of an overwhelming chlorine taste in the tap water.

I would have enjoyed my stay, but the place is so bare-bones that I had to ask for a fourth pillow (why would a room for 2 occupants have 3 pillows?) and request the breakfast attendant to brew a pot of decaf coffee in the morning. In both cases, the staff member politely let me know that these simple needs were far above and beyond the normal accommodations, and then produced the needed item without difficulty.

I'd been amused by the signs at the entry doors that instruct guests to clean their shoes before entering, but now I understand that carpet cleaning must be a major event at this hotel.

The business center turned out to be one computer in the breakfast room. I'd planned to spend my morning before checkout typing up a transcript from a business meeting, but when I sat down to work just now, I discovered the management never went to the expense of installing Word. Maybe I just need to ask?

If you read my other reviews, you'll know I will tolerate pitifully substandard conditions, if I get the feeling that I am a guest. In this hotel, I fel more like a petty inconvenience.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank passinthroo
OSCEOLA, IN
Reviewed October 24, 2008

I stayed here on my way home from Virginia because my friend that I was traveling with wanted to go to the local Casino. We stayed in a two room suite because it was all that was available when we checked in. This was my first time to stay with this hotel chain. We asked the hotel clerk for suggestions on places to eat and were given several once we decided where we wanted to go we were given directions to get there. The room was very nice & the beds were very comfortable.

• Liked — the beds were amazing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South
Hampton Inn Charleston - Downtown
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South? Share your experiences!