“A Great hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge
west virgina
“A Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2009

The hotel is only 2 min. away from charleston, very nice location , a lot of shopping and things to do with the kids. very nice staff and very nice rooms

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2009

my car broke down and i was brought here by the tow truck driver. the place is amazing. the staff was so friendly and when i told them i was carless, they gave me delivery numbers, i didn't need them because there were like 15 restaurants in the plaza that i could walk to, and lots of shopping (a girls best friend). the room was sooooo clean, and i am super picky. the breakfast was great they have yogurt and fruit. LOVE. they offered me an extended check out at no charge, because my car was not ready. I would come back to charleston just to stay at this hotel. LOVED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2007

My family spent the night at the Holiday Inn Express at 95 RHL Blvd. in Charleston West Virginia. It was by far the nicest Holiday Inn we have ever stayed at!! It was a very large room with 2 queen beds, An arched ceiling separated another room with a love seat that opened into a bed, coffee table, table and chair. A kitchenette had a little fridge, microwave, sink and counter that held a coffee maker. Also, a big bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and large waterfall showerhead. As always, an iron, ironing board and hairdryer was available.. We also used the swimming pool and hot tub that was open till 10pm. Each bed had four pillows and the linens were very nice. The blanket was sandwiched between sheets, making it so much nicer and cleaner and softer that old pilled blankets. The hotel is so close to so many restaurants and shopping, a stones throw to everything! A nice theater is also very close, The Marrquee Cinema at 331 Southridge Blvd. [--]. (It is behind the Walmart) We were able to go to a 12 noon movie, have a nice lunch at CHARLEYS before we went our separate ways. The staff was very nice and check in was quick and easy. A nice safe area to stay. I forgot to mention a great continental breakfast with everything you could want!! I checked all the reviews on the three Holiday Inn's that are in Charleston and based my decision on the reviews I read. I am so glad I selected this one.....I hope this review helps someone else make their decision . The phone number for this Holiday Inn is [--]. I got a better rate by calling direct rather than booking online. With an AARP discount the rate was $125.00 for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. A most pleasant stay!!! Will stay again!!

Stayed November 2007
2 Thank lindag6568
Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2007

Me and my gf needed a weekend away so we stay at this hotel. I am glad we stay. It was great. Check-in was great, the front desk were nice. The room was great, lots of room with fridge, micro. The best part was the bathroom the shower was the best that I have been in. My gf did not want to leave lol. It was so relaxing. When you work aboit 45 hours a week it is nice. The shopping center was nice i live about 45 min from Charleston, we know the area we ate at Famous Dave yummy food. The breakfast was nice too. Really enjoyed the stay!

• Liked — Location, Breakfast, Shopping
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Heels1981
PITT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for several weeks in March during a business trip. The rooms were very clean, quite, and comfortable. Breakfast was satisfying with enough of everything. Having never been to the area before, I was pleased with the fact that everything you may need
was close by. The young lady (Karrie) at the front desk always went out of her way to speak to me and make my stay as pleasurable as possible! She was very polite and professional. If there was anything
extra I needed, she was always prompt in getting it for me. I have stayed at a lot of hotels before, but this one has got to be the friendliest of them all! I will be back if I'm ever in the area again. Thumbs up to the managment for employing such a courteous staff as this one...I wish all my hotel stays were as perfect as this
one.

• Liked — Front Desk Staff
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank dm_burk67
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2007

I stayed here in May of 2005 for one night while traveling cross-country and decided to use Priority Club miles to have a 3-day weekend getaway, this time with my wife and daughter.
First off, the location is great with easy access to shopping, services and a variety of restaurants. The young woman at the front desk was extremely helpful in pointing us to a restaurant that met our needs exactly.
The room was clean with nice furnishing and the beds were very comfortable. There was a microwave and a refrigerator in the room, the latter was not one of the tiny ones but a waste high model that was very useful for us.The bathroom was clean as well and had a STRONG water flow in the shower, which was a big plus. I never heard a sound from an adjacent room nor from above even though the hotel was fully occupied on the first night (I hate the paper-thin walls you find in some hotels).
The pool and spa were both clean and water temperature was just right. It was nice to soak in the spa while watching the snow falling outside.
The complimentary breakfast was standard for HI Express, with a well-kept dining area.
All in all, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and would definitely return again.

• Liked — Clean and good value, plus very good front desk employee.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank vabill
kande1
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2007

I was with a large group of students last weekend and several rooms were robbed while we were there! The rooms were not very clean, and the ceilings are about 7 feet tall in the hallway. I would never stay there again and I would not recommend anyone stay there for any reason, unless you are with a bunch of guys and it doesn't matter. They stole medications from one room, jewlery from our room, Air Force One tennis shoes from a room, and they rummaged other rooms looking for things.

Stayed January 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Charleston
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#1 of 3 in South Charleston
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South

Been to Holiday Inn Express Charleston / Southridge? Share your experiences!