“Come on, this place is better than the reviews!”

Cheat Mountain Pizza Company
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Snowshoe
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I first visited Cheat Mtn Pizza because they were the only place one late one evening. The reviews I read had me prepared for the worst. It was raining during the week, maybe some of the skiers were just pissed off at the weather, We found the staff friendly and very accommodating--especially helpful to satisfy my 7 year old. The pizza is made from scratch. We wisely asked for "light on the cheese", as even then it had quite a bit. Of course it's expensive, as pizza goes, you are in a ski resort! Still, I think it represents a fair value. If you want to drive 2 hours, you may find a better deal. We returned for a second night later in the week, and we were again satisfied.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

We visited Cheat's on a very busy day during the holidays. They accommodated a large party happily, the servers were easy to work with and very accommodating with the children and adults alike. The menu choices were plentiful and the pizzas we ordered were all wonderful. I thought the service for handmade pizzas was very prompt.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

It wasn't the greatest pizza but it sufficed. Service was ok. We ate there when we got there but didn't bother to go back. Plenty of other places to eat.

1  Thank MrsCapt
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I do not think I have met a grumpier group of people at a restaurant before. I wish we had been as happy eating here as the people on the website, but we were not afforded such a luxury. The pizza was good, but for that price, I would have rather had a pizza from Costco or even Little Cesars. When you are on the mountain, the options are high priced and higher priced. I guess they got you there because there is no close by option to walk to.

Reviewed March 10, 2011

We've tried this pizza twice in two different years, and it's just not good. I don't know what else to tell you, except your money is far better spent at other restaurants at Snowshoe. We like the Junction, Foxfire Grille and Ember (fantastic dinner at the upscale Ember). Will never eat this pizza again. It's overpriced, too, by the way.

1  Thank AmyMP