“Just be careful.......” 3 of 5 stars

Durham, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Just be careful.......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Since I don't ski or snowboard, I thought it would be fun tubing with my grandchildren. The mistake I made was going on a Saturday when it was crowded and folks were lined up to go down the lanes. I did not feel that the staff were monitoring what was happening on the slope as they were too busy getting folks up the slope and getting tubes to folks wanting to go up. I did as I was supposed to which was wait until my lane was clear, however, folks that were going down faster than I did, crossed the bottom on lane and I ended up colliding and sustaining a whiplash injury and a mild concussion. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank ParisGirl002

Colorado City, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Attraction for all ages.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

For the non skiers, this is a must do! Friendly staff and service. Plan in advance for tickets and take your camera, you just might spot some wildlife that looks picture perfect in the snow.

Visited December 2013
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“the kids and (nonskiing) wives had a blast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The tubing park was a great way to finish a long day of skiing for my children. They were able to enjoy the snow, while I was able to ski the bigger runs that they were not ready for. The one complaint was some inattention on the part of one of the workers, attaching the tow hooks. Probably a boring job, but you are getting paid to do it, so do it right. Other than that, my kids loved it (one went twice) and it added a welcome change during their day (and gave dad some free time to ski).

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Anthony L
Warrenton, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A fairly fun activity for a while.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Some of the lanes were slower than others. The staff monitored closely how fast people were going. On the whole it was not a fast track, unless you got one of the few fast tubes. They allow you to tie tubes together, but only one person per tube. Make sure if you are an adult that you get a tube that is not for a child size rear end. One of the tubes we had was very much smaller than the other and didnt feel safe for an adult.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Erefo
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had a great time! The only issue is that you have to wait for about 15-20 minutes to get on the lift to get back up. We asked if we could just walk up, and they said we where not allowed to (it's really not far). They could make this experience perfect by making a walking trial for people that do not want to stand in line for the lift.

Visited February 2013