“Update, new management, not as good”
Review of Auntie Pasta's

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We visited Aunties again, anticipating another great meal. We found out that there is new management and the place was revamped. What a disappointment. The food was nowhere near as good as our last visit. It took awhile to get waited on. Our waiter read us the menu, translating basic Italian menu terms to us and highly recommended like 80% of the menu. I will say caesar salad was on a plate lined with proscuitto and was very nice. They had a small menu and 3 of the 4 appetizers were salads. Oh well, nice while it lasted.

2  Thank snorkeler-6
There are newer reviews for Auntie Pasta's

Reviewed January 28, 2013

It took a minute to get seated but the pair at the desk were funny and amiable. Our waitress had a great accent and was quick witted and informative. The roasted garlic soup was so tasty as was the Cesar salad and molten lava cake (they called something else). Some of our party showed up 40 minutes later and we had not arranged for seating for them and because it was close to closing and tables close by opened up they happily accommodated them. The price was right for the food but so a $15-26 for entrees but I would have eaten there for a second night if we did not have so many kids to feed who would have been okay with pizza. The kids loved the fettuccine Alfredo and chicken Parmesan. The atmosphere was low lightening and relaxing as well so prefect after an awful drive.

1  Thank travelingmomma_9
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had made reservations, but still had to wait over 20 minutes. While we were waiting they were turning people away. So, it was really interesting when we were finally seated to see that they had open tables all over the restaurant. The atmosphere is nice, but the tablecloth still had crumbs from the previous diners. Service was just fair
The chicken parm seemed to be the best thing on the menu. Other skiers had recommended it to us, and it was huge. The salads and bread were very good. All and all it was just an average experience. When we left we asked the hostess about the wait and all the empty tables and she said they were trying not to overwhelm the staff.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I am typically not one to write a review BUT we ate here last weekend and based our decision to do so on the reviews that we had read and IT WAS NOTHING LIKE THE REVIEWS SAY!!! We were so not impressed in fact we sent back 2meals and didnt eat the "complimentary" one they brought to replace it. I would never bad mouth a place if it wasnt bad even it was just "okay" i wouldnt but this resturant was anything but GOOD!!!!!! VERY VERY VERY disappointed!!!! And if you like good food and good qualtity do not waste your time eating here!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

By far the best food on the mountain! Can be difficult to find but the food, atmosphere and service was amazing.

We spent 4 days at the resort and we ate at Auntie Pasta's 3 of the 4 nights. It was that good! I tried a different appetizer and entree every night, as well as the six other people in our party. Every single person had the same opinion of the restaurant, which is why we went so many times.

The bread was very tasty and the olive tapenade was good. For appetizers I had the Calamari, Insalat Misti and the Insalata Caprese. The calamari was really good. Not the best I've ever had but quite good. The marinara with it was a nice amount of spicy. The Insalata Misti (a sliced cold cut appetizer) was okay. The Insalata Caprese was excellent. The homemade mozzarella was very good and the pesto was great. Everyone who had the Tomato Bisque raved about it.

For entrees, I had the pork chop, the mahi mahi and the skirt steak. The skirt steak was good, but compared to the others it was okay. Everything about the dish was great, I think it's just the confines of the cut that made it third in my rankings. Still a great dish, though. The pork chop, which was the favorite of many of my friends, was very, very good. It was a nice big cut, cooked just right, with delicious toppings. Very closely my second favorite. The mahi mahi was definitely the best dish I had for all the same reasons as the pork chop. I just thought it was slightly better, but not by much. All in all, the entrees were absolutely delicious. Also ordered multiple times at our table was the spaghetti and meatballs, which everyone really enjoyed. I had the macaroni and cheese, truffle cauliflower and sweet potato bourbon mashed potatoes. All were excellent. You MUST get the bourbon sweet potatoes. Different and delicious.

No one ordered dessert because we aren't really dessert eaters, and we were so full anyways. Collectively we all ordered just about the entire menu and couldn't find a less than excellent dish.

The service was great, we never had a wait, the food was absolutely delicious and the atmosphere was nice. If I ever find myself at the resort again I will definitely go here and I will recommend it to everyone.

I have never written a review but felt obligated. GO HERE TO EAT!