“Lovely Inn”
Review of Morning Glory Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Slatyfork
Morning Glory Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Slatyfork
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The Morning Glory Inn was first class. We thoroughly enjoyed the cozy front porch with the myriad of hummingbirds constantly at the feeder! The breakfast was delicious and the scrambled eggs were perfect (and I am not crazy about eggs). The bed was very comfortable and the rooms are huge. I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marian59_12

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Huge room, great host and hostess at a great price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank halet444
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I didn't want to go skiing - I just wanted to hang out at the B & B. Breakfast was better than at home, the rooms were roomy and cozy and the owners want you to enjoy your stay. Beautiful scenery.

Room Tip: Don't forget your camera like I did, because it's so beautifulo there. My room had everythin...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Patti D
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Man I really liked it here! I stayed here 3 different times. Every time the place is better, they work on it every year. Not only sparkling clean but comfortable. There's always birds chirping outside and lots of trees. I feel like I'm in a Northern Garden of Eden but with coffee and pastries ready for me downstairs when I wake up. The other lodging in the area is too $$$ for me :( The rooms are big, and good quality here. Most important the beds are very good so it's a great night's sleep if nothing else. I never got woke up by crying babies or people talking loud, it's all good, it's for people who know what they want and they want a quality place to stay. Nice getaway whether skiing or just got to get away for awhile. After a few days here I have to remind myself that it's not my home. That's the way a B&B should be, no crummy hotels for me!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Cedric J
Reviewed December 31, 2011

My wife and I just got back from celebrating our anniversary and a birthday in WV with a Snowshoe getaway. We found the Snowshoe resort prices to be far too high, and always prefer B&Bs whenever they are closely. The Morning Glory Inn is a short 10-15 min drive from all the Snowshoe resort action, and Rod and Karin do everything they can to make your stay comfortable. They gave us great restaurant tips (try the Elk River Inn restaurant - you won't be disappointed) and the deluxe continental (one hot item each day) was more than enough for us. The room was very spacious, and Rod was kind enough to let us bring our pet with us (with advanced approval) to celebrate. This place cannot be beat for its value and quiet charm.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Gastrocurious
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I decided on Thursday to take a quick roadtrip on Sunday and Monday of Columbus Day weekend to see the leaves and other sights of West Virginia. I found the Morning Glory Inn with a Google map search, called, and a quick chat with Rod ascertained that the (only) dog room was available Sunday night. He mentioned it had twin beds, so I invited a friend and off we went.

We enjoyed everything about our stay - stopped on the way in at Woody's BBQ Shack and picked up a rack of ribs and sides for a good price, got checked in, took a little stroll, then chowed down on a great meal. Our hosts were exactly the right balance between welcoming and unobtrusive - warm and informative, but not all over you like some are. The room was fine, good-sized and very comfortable, all the usual amenities and everything functional and as expected. A mini-fridge was provided in the room, along with a coffeemaker in the entryway just outside (this room shares an entrance door with the laundry room, with the added attraction of inside access to the kitchen, which has a microwave and a big refrigerator, both available to use as well.) We didn't use the TV, but there was one with info about satellite and DVDs to get from the main sitting room (which we also didn't really use, but it looked nice). We slept great, enjoyed the breakfast - a good continental with scrambled eggs to order that morning - and really enjoyed a nice long walk up the hill behind the inn. It's a gravel road, with a house here and there, and on our 3-mile+ walk on Monday morning we didn't see a single car or for that matter another person, just a couple of deer, a lot of birds and a few other critters here and there.

I'd recommend the Morning Glory Inn to anyone who wants a comfortable place to stay with all the basic amenities, for a good price.

Room Tip: If you want to use the dog room, be sure it's available since there is only the one. And be war...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
kkkk, Owner at Morning Glory Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Thanks for your review. We now can convert the twins into a king size bed with a conversion kit we purchased. hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 25, 2011

The Morning Glory Inn is a lovely B&B in the rural Snowshoe Mountain / Cass Scenic Railroad area. The owners were friendly and helpful, but non-intrusive. The queen bed room we stayed in was quite large, with a full size couch and mini fridge. The whole space was very clean. The room did not have air conditioning, but even in August, we really didn't need it, because there are ample fans and cool mountain air. Breakfast in the morning was absolutely delicious -- the main attraction was blueberry pancakes, but there were other items available on a continental buffet -- hard boiled eggs, banana bread, yogurt, fruit. We enjoyed our one night there so much, we're thinking of going back in the winter for some snowshoeing! From what we heard, both from the owner Rod and one of the conductors at Cass, the area does an excellent job of plowing the roads in the winter, so we shouldn't have too much trouble getting there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slatyfork
Marlinton Motor Inn Motel
#2 of 24 in Snowshoe
Rimfire Lodge Condos
Rimfire Lodge Condos
#3 of 24 in Snowshoe

Been to Morning Glory Inn? Share your experiences!