“Somewhat Disappointed”
Review of The Wells Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sistersville
The Wells Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sistersville B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 30, 2005

I was disappointed that the rooms I got did not look like the pics on the web page. I changed rooms twice. The hotel has potential. I could tell it used to be very charming. The big problem was that the décor is not the same throughout the rooms. Some antique furniture in the room from the Victorian period, mixed with modern furniture. The modern furniture was not in good condition, TV stands, nightstands and chairs were modern, but well worn. The bed was beautifully decorated and was comfortable. I understand a new owner recently purchased it; hopefully he will decorate all the rooms in Victorian style instead of leaving them mixed with odds and ends. Also if you leave the hotel after 10pm, you have to wake up the new owner who sleeps in a downstairs room to let you out of the hotel, and wake him up again to get back in. He did not complain about us doing this, he was very polite, but I felt uncomfortable disturbing his sleep like that. I paid $99.00 plus tax a night, I didn’t think it was worth the price. But again a little renovation would make the price worthwhile. I will stay there again just to try a different room because the hotel is charming and the area is nice and peaceful. I am going back there in a couple of weeks and will ask to see if I can look at a few different rooms this time to see the overhaul picture. Nice big pool. Didn’t eat in the restaurant. Will next time and write an updated review.

• Stayed: July 2005
6  Thank Delemast

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 6, 2005

As a descendant of the family that founded the Wells Inn, I have seen the Wells Inn for many decades. I remember back when the Wells Inn was packed with guests in the dining area, and then everyone going down to the Wooden Derrick (I believe that was the name of the bar on the basement floor). I remember ladies brunches on the weekends, the parlor and the beautiful fountain that was in the middle of the lobby. When I was a child I loved to visit and sit on the antique chairs and sofa's; I could not get into the old elevators fast enough. Now that I have moved from the area, I look forward to visiting the Wells Inn once again. Although the times have changed, and the rooms have been updated, and the fountain is gone, it still brings back the memories I had of my childhood, and racing around the "neat, old Wells Inn". All I can hope for is that maybe one day my great-grand children will visit the Wells Inn and maybe the building will be perserved, and maybe one day it will look like it did back in the 60's - very antiqued with the fountain in the lobby. Thanks for the memories.

• Stayed: May 2002
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 14, 2003

Just visited the Wells Inn last weekend and it is awesome, and would love to go there again. The charm of the place is great, with wonderful people that work there.. No rooms are alike, so it's fun to take a peak at all of them you can. We even had a friendly ghost visit us.. The food was good and the atmosphere was fantastic.. We also tried a couple new drinks to us in the bar and sure enjoyed the karoke they had. There are some great voices to be heard. Be sure to visit the folks there when you can, as you will be treated like a family, and i'm sure enjoy your stay.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to The Wells Inn? Share your experiences!