“Sisters Were Charmed”
Review of The Wells Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sistersville
The Wells Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sistersville B&B and Inns
Dayton, Ohio
“Sisters Were Charmed”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Every year, my sisters and I sneak away for a few days of catch-up. This year the planning sister thought Sistersville would be the perfect spot for us, and she was right. Knowing ahead of time that the hotel was being restored, I was prepared for a lot of inconvenience. I was pleasantly surprised at how little the ongoing work impacted our stay. Anyone who prefers restoration over renovation would not miss the modernization of chain hotels. The dining room was very pretty, and the food & food service were excellent. We did not know in advance that our visit coincided with the 44th Annual WV Oil & Gas Festival, but it was a very happy coincidence. The hotel was completely full, mostly with a charming family who had been attending this festival since its beginning. However, the entire staff was exceptionally friendly and treated us as if we were the only guests in town. Actually, we walked around Sistersville for three days and encountered only friendly, welcoming people. We are already thinking about heading back for the Sisters Festival - and would hope rooms are available then at Charles Winslow's Wells Inn!

Room Tip: All the rooms are different. If you have any "absolutely must have" features, suggest you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bernie P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Katy, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I am a businessman who travels at least 300 days a year. I have found a hotel in a small town of Sistersville, WV. I have been her for some time and I am proud to say that the Wells Inn is my home. The owner Charles Winslow, along with his staff of wonderful people, Joe, Patrick, Brea, Liz, Lisa, Mark and many more will show you how hospitality is done. Yes that means I love the hotel and the town!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Brent Lee B
Naples, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2012

"I was riding my bike in excess of 150 miles to Wells Inn from Ohio and needed to cross the Ohio River by ferry at 6pm. A couple of days prior to my stay the owner called me and said the ferry was not running but he would send someone to pick me up....a 30 mile drive. This was the start of a very favorable experence including exceptional service, a very nice room and a wonderful breakfast cooked to order included with the room. By the way since the kitchen was closed by the time I got there the previous day my personal driver made sure I had dinner the night before on the way to the hotel along with an interesting tour of Sisterville. I enjoyed the whole experence." - Terry Bork

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank terry b
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We traveled from out of state and did not know what time check in was. Had a reservation for one night. Was told we could not check in until 5pm, this was at 12:30pm. OK, I can understand but would of liked to get situated before a long night of car races in front of us. Checked in at 12:30 am, tired and in need of a shower and rest. Should of got tipped off for what we were in for by the two guys drinking on the front steps of the hotel. Our room # 217- was nothing as expected. There were no blinds or curtins on most of the windows. The wife insisted we leave, I was so tired and convinced her to stay for the short night. Then the noise from another close by room started around 2am. Tried to call front dest but phone did not work. There was a dog barking in another room around 5am. I am not kidding, thank goodness the light awoke us AGAIN at 6am. We could'nt get out of there fast enough. NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank paul m

Travelers are raving about these Sistersville hotels

steubenville
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My son and I had lunch today 5/12/12 at the Wells Hotel the food was great and the service was excellent. The pricing was very reasonable. I'm from out back of Friendly and have not been down to Sistersville in years, the trip was well worth it.

Room Tip: Did not spend the night.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank sue r
Sistersville, West Virginia
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I am local to the area and admittedly have not spent a night in the guest rooms, but my best friend who was visiting from out of town did. Her room was small (the bathroom was very small), but clean and adequate. However, the food in the restaurant is incredible. I've eaten several meals and have yet to be disappointed. The breakfasts are large and the home fries are the best I've ever had. The dinners are creative and well-prepared, and the prices are astonishingly low. The relatively new (two years?) owners are slowly restoring the Inn and the dining room is showing signs of its old beauty and elegance. I anxiously await the day when they've finished the restoration and I can award five "circles" to the Wells Inn.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank WVTeacher20
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was our first stay here. I understand the hotel used to be well-known and a place to see and be seen years ago. After its passing into various hands in the last several years, the owners appear to have done a lot of hard work to make the place clean and inviting. Our room was large and comfortable. It had beautiful hardwood floors, high ceilings, and a front entrance room. The bath still needs to be renovated but was clean and had plenty of hot water. The furniture is functional and has a bit of charm to it.

We had dessert and breakfast here--both were great. The restaurant area is quaint, and the servers were kind and helpful. We came from the Washington, D.C. area and have stayed at a range of hotels in several parts of the world. This hotel ranked among the highest for charm and character. Sure, it could have more modern furniture and a better bathroom, but those were functional. The room was toasty warm even though it was a night when the temperatures were below freezing. We would be happy to stay here again. We hope the owners succeed in finishing their renovations and want to come back when it's finished!

Room Tip: Just be nice and ask! The staff all seemed like kind and reasonable folks.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank RobySue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sistersville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Martinsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 5 in New Martinsville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Martinsville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#2 of 5 in New Martinsville
Comfort Suites Marietta
Comfort Suites Marietta
#3 of 11 in Marietta
The Orchard Bed and Breakfast
Travelers' Inn
Travelers' Inn
#3 of 5 in New Martinsville

Been to The Wells Inn? Share your experiences!