“It feels like..... Home”
Review of Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Blue Moon has a special place in my heart, for I eat lunch there almost every Sunday after Quaker Meeting, and have come to know the wait staff.. It's something I look forward to every week.The salads are excellent and varied. The soups are delicious. And they make a great Rueben sandwich, and an excellent quiche. Sandwiches are made with local eggs and produce, with free-range chicken, and other fresh ingredients, as well as good local coffee.
The restaurant has a vegan flair, and many vegetarian/vegan dishes. Local art is often displayed and sold there, and many concerts are scheduled. Last Christmas, by chance, I stayed late and discovered that a concert was scheduled at 4pm. I stayed and enjoyed the best concert I have heard in years. There were about 20 musicians and singers, playing every conceivable kind of holiday song, from blues to country, from jazz to Appalachian, from rock and roll to Elvis Presley.And original songs,too. As always, it was a very comfortable place to be, and I felt, as always, very at home there, and when the outdoor seating is open, it's a great place to pass the afternoon with friends.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Blue Moon is one of the cutest, friendliest restaurants I've been to. The waitresses are always caring and sweet, and the black been burger is to die for. (I also recommend the $6.50 nachos--which, based on the size, could easily be $12) The prices are just right and the atmosphere, comfy. Try out on their hypno coffee which they buy from the local brewery just down the street!

Usually you can seat yourself, and the most we've had to wait was 15 minutes. They also have free wifi.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We've been going to Blue Moon off/on for 10 years. The food has always been good and made to order. The service used to be spotty and inconsistent, but has improved a lot in the last few years. Now they even offer wine and beer. Great casual experience.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

As a local living in the "burbs" of Shepherdstown, I highly recommend the BM as we call it. Every Friday night, a group of locals meets at the BM for dinner. It has become a ritual with us. We are known as the Blue Mooners. The food is always good and, if you have a problem, the staff is more than willing to try and fix it. The food combinations can be unusual at times but good. The bowl of beans with sour cream & melted cheese is one of my favorites. If you're in the Shepherdstown area, stop for a meal. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food was a little different but was Very good .If you are tired of the ordinary Try Blue Moon Cafe. My wife and I loved the difference.