“Great place to eat!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon Cafe
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Damascus, Virginia
“Great place to eat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Blue Moon has a great vegetarian menu! I had their black bean burger and my wife had the veggie wrap. Both were great! This is a nice little place in Shepherdstown.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Keedysville
“Worst, worst, worst!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I so wish I could give this restaurant the same review as my friends, but sadly I cannot. It was the worst dining experience I have EVER had. The service was very slow, spotty and bored. However, paying up at the bar, there she was, talking animatedly to beer drinking patrons her age. The food ... that wasn't food. First, they were out of what I ordered first ~ and this was after the waitress promoted it. And how do you burn the edges of your corned beef and at least not trim it? We saw pecan pie on the dessert board so we ordered that. No whipped cream available to pretty it up and the first bite was inedible. After doing a little taste testing we determined it tasted of the metal of the pie plate. When we complained we found that they purchase their baked goods from the bakery across the street once a week (!) and our pie was a week old!!! NASTY! They did take the pie off the bill but I wish I had never had it in my mouth in the first place. I will never eat here again. I will, instead, recommend that people go to King's New York Pizza. It's everything this place isn't, which I'm glad I found since I was having to come to Shepherdstown every Wednesday evening.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AlisonKeedysville
“BEST in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

This is my absolute favorite restaurant in shepherdstown. The food is delicious and always tastes so fresh. Nothing is really overpriced in my opinion. The atmosphere is very relaxing and laid bad. If weather permits, sit outside and enjoy the town run stream tht runs through the back patio!

Redding, CT
“Just fun, as well as good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

The perfect place to hang while reviewing your day, having a meeting, or just eating a good meal. We ate there three times during our weeklong stay in Shepherdstown because we loved the casual atmosphere, the plentiful and delicious meals ( I had salads) and MB, a wonderful staff person. Twice we could eat outside under or near flowering trellises, and in a magical grotto down some stone steps next to the Town Run, a little stream. We missed the open mic, but heard it was great.

Visited April 2012
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Unique foods”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

had variety of foods that were very healthy and many vegatarian dishes

Visited July 2011