“Patio Bliss” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon Cafe
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“Patio Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I wanted to catch up. As the weather has been lovely, she suggested the patio at the Blue Moon Cafe. I had only been to this establishment in the depths of winter so was unprepared for how lovely it was.
There is a stream that runs through Shepherdstown. The Blue Moon has incorporated this stream into the patio. There is a sunken stone "room" next to the stream. Overlooking this room is a dirt / wood chip floored, multiple tree canopied, oasis.
The wait staff was attentive but busy. Which was fine as we were not in any hurry to leave and he was not working to shoo us out the gate.
The menu was ample, with several vegetarian options. We enjoyed a humus appetizer, salads, and then a tart for dessert. And this is where we found the only drawback. There were no simple fruit options for dessert. No apples, oranges, perhaps a bowl of frozen berries? nope, nothing.

Visited December 2011

United States
“The longest wait I ever had... not even getting what I ------- wanted!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

Food- 5/10, Service- 2/10, Value 1/10
I ordered BBQ pork sandwich. In the time it took to make it, I could walk to the nearest farm, slice a pig, chop it up, make the sauce, cut wheat, make the bread, and make all that into a sandwich. It was okay, probably a 5/10
We ordered around 1:30, and my Raymond Weil read about 3:45 by the time the food arrived- I'm not making this up.
My brother ordered a burger without Mayo, and when he got it... there was, hm... MAYO! (You know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in France? Royale with Che.)
My grandma, mom, and the rest claimed their food was decent, though.
Overall, the service, (who did not even write the orders down on paper, they just tried to remember with their pedestrian minds,) need to, well, write it down or just bring a live cow to the table next time.
Atmosphere- 9/10 (A totally different story, feels more like France or Spain than West Virginia)
Everything was completely Utopian- a good restaurant to wait nearly 2 1/2 hours for. The inside, looked very alcoholic-welcome, and like an 1800s general store, though, so don't bother unless you like drinking and then driving a tractor drunk down to Harpers Ferry, going maximum speed and getting pulled over by an 80-year-old cop, who drinks on duty and carries a billyclub and an AK47.

• Visited April 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Enzo1929
Leesburg, Virginia
“Best. Sandwich. Ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Wow, what a yummy sandwich! I got the pilgrim....fresh, locally smoked turkey (not deli meat, REAL turkey), with brie and cranberry sauce on a nice roll, served hot. Oh my heavens, so good! Just a great combination of flavors. I would drive the hour there just for the sandwich.

Price was a tad high considering the sandwich came with just a tiny side of bland coleslaw. Iced tea was fresh brewed and very good. Had to ask for a refill, but server was friendly and got my refill right away. Decor is okay, nothing fancy, but comfortable. Our server was genuinely nice, smiled, made recommendations. She seemed really proud that I liked the sandwich.

Overall, this was a great meal and I would return again without hesitation.

• Visited March 2012
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Artsy and fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Quintessential Shepherdstown experience. Laid back atmosphere, diverse menu, and a fun vibe. Visiting for lunch is always satisfying- especially on the outdoor patio! Can't wait to go listen to live music and grab some dinner too!

• Visited February 2012
Vienna
“Don't miss the BLT on toasted ciabatta! Best ever! Cool place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

Funky place, GREAT food, service excellent & friendly. Nice selection of beers. This was my third time back. Drove 72 miles just for the BLT !! I've stopped here with a group of 10 motorcyclists and everyone one was very pleased. Please don't change anything.

• Visited February 2012