“The longest wait I ever had... not even getting what I ------- wanted!”
Review of Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Food- 5/10, Service- 2/10, Value 1/10
I ordered BBQ pork sandwich. In the time it took to make it, I could walk to the nearest farm, slice a pig, chop it up, make the sauce, cut wheat, make the bread, and make all that into a sandwich. It was okay, probably a 5/10
We ordered around 1:30, and my Raymond Weil read about 3:45 by the time the food arrived- I'm not making this up.
My brother ordered a burger without Mayo, and when he got it... there was, hm... MAYO! (You know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in France? Royale with Che.)
My grandma, mom, and the rest claimed their food was decent, though.
Overall, the service, (who did not even write the orders down on paper, they just tried to remember with their pedestrian minds,) need to, well, write it down or just bring a live cow to the table next time.
Atmosphere- 9/10 (A totally different story, feels more like France or Spain than West Virginia)
Everything was completely Utopian- a good restaurant to wait nearly 2 1/2 hours for. The inside, looked very alcoholic-welcome, and like an 1800s general store, though, so don't bother unless you like drinking and then driving a tractor drunk down to Harpers Ferry, going maximum speed and getting pulled over by an 80-year-old cop, who drinks on duty and carries a billyclub and an AK47.

1  Thank Enzo1929

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Wow, what a yummy sandwich! I got the pilgrim....fresh, locally smoked turkey (not deli meat, REAL turkey), with brie and cranberry sauce on a nice roll, served hot. Oh my heavens, so good! Just a great combination of flavors. I would drive the hour there just for the sandwich.

Price was a tad high considering the sandwich came with just a tiny side of bland coleslaw. Iced tea was fresh brewed and very good. Had to ask for a refill, but server was friendly and got my refill right away. Decor is okay, nothing fancy, but comfortable. Our server was genuinely nice, smiled, made recommendations. She seemed really proud that I liked the sandwich.

Overall, this was a great meal and I would return again without hesitation.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Quintessential Shepherdstown experience. Laid back atmosphere, diverse menu, and a fun vibe. Visiting for lunch is always satisfying- especially on the outdoor patio! Can't wait to go listen to live music and grab some dinner too!

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Funky place, GREAT food, service excellent & friendly. Nice selection of beers. This was my third time back. Drove 72 miles just for the BLT !! I've stopped here with a group of 10 motorcyclists and everyone one was very pleased. Please don't change anything.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

WEnt back to Blue Moom recently after a long hiatus. Must say the food and the atmosphere were much improved. Really liked the range of healthy options on the menu and the decor has been spruced up quite a bit. My lunch was tasty and very reasonably priced. Will be going back again soon!