“Scones and Curry?”

Shaharazade's Restaurant & Tea Room
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stopped here on our way out of Harper's Ferry, and are so glad we did! It is an eclectic mix of Eurasia's best in a sumptuous fabric-draped ceilings exotic decor. They will bring out cannisters of teas from a 2-page categorized list in the menu. I chose an excellent Ginger Peach, ending up purchasing more to take home. Hubby had jumbo shrimp kabob and loved it! I had chicken on toasted pita with olive tapenade, feta cheese, and other delicious flavors, with a cool couscous-and-veggie side. Entrees came with a good field greens salad. All served on lovely tableware.

The only sad thing is we didn't have room for the tempting scones and ice cream. We will be back for high tea! I highly recommend this restaurant, especially if you like a change from the typical restaurant now and then.

The owner is the cook, very friendly, very passionate about her recipes, has gone around the world to peppercorn tree plantations and such. Enjoys offering recipes of a variety of nationalities. Just go there.

2  Thank Jenny H

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stopped in for some tea and a snack and so glad we did. I had this amazing soup, all their food is fresh and soups made by scratch daily. This is a MUST STOP while in Shepherdstown!

1  Thank shellb4
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Charming warm atmosphere, best home made scones ever and all home made to order food and in house blended teas.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I wish there was a place near me as I would be a regular customer!

We stopped in here during a recent trip to Shepherdstown. My mom got the chicken salad and my dad had a great cheese plate. The standout of the meal was definitely the high tea for one, which I ordered. It came with a choice of 2 sandwiches, a slice of quiche, 2 scones, and 3 sweets. Honestly, there was easily enough food for 2 people and all of it was delicious. I particularly enjoyed the scones and the quiche.

If you are looking for a place to stop and have a leisurely lunch, this is a great spot. We really appreciated the recommendations from our server who helped us pick out tea (even bringing some out for us to smell) and choose among all the scone options.

1  Thank Liz R
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I attend the Contemporary Arts Theater Festival each summer and a stop of this oasis or a restaurant is always a pleasure. We like the 3-tiered pot of tea menu which offers over 50 options. There are always more choices than we an consume and the results are light and lifting.

Even without the tea we would come for the light and tasty food from an interesting eclectic menu featuring salads, scones, a soup of the day and entrees. In our last visit I had a generous lamb cous cous which was grounded in very fine grains and tender lamb. They take care with things. As you might expect humus and tabbouleh is available.

Service is solicitous and the setting is an older building re-purposed as a tea room plus. Expect to leave refreshed. Out bill fora light lunch for 2 with tea was under $20.