“Excellent diner-type home cooking”
Review of Betty's

Betty's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Lovely place. Plain ordinary, diner-type cooking. Ingredients are top-notch and well cooked. Staff is very friendly and attentive. Right on the main street of downtown Shepherdstown.

There are newer reviews for Betty's

Reviewed November 16, 2012

(If you read my profile or reviews, I try and compare apples to apples and so forth..thus the 5 circle review...next time I go to Ruthies in NSB, if they're the same, I'll upgrade them to 5 too). If you love 1950's diners or lunch counters, please line up. There may be a wait if you don't get there early or late. The seating is limited but includes booths and the counter and a person wearing a T-shirt declaring "I'm not Betty"....but who cares. The line is there for a reason. The good citizens of Shepardstown go there for incredible biscuits and gravy and whatever else is on the menu. We've only had breakfast there (well... bunch too) so I can only speak to what's on the breakfast menu plus a hamberger. And over the 10 years we've been going there (twice a year to do white water rafting or tubing or hiking), it is still great. By the way, I brought to women of a certain age (my grandmother and her sister who have traveled the world) but love simple breakfasts, there and they were happy.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

When we visit Charles Town, WV, we always make a breakfast stop at Betty's. It is a small place, but they serve the best sausage I have ever tasted. Everyone working there goes out of their way to make sure you are happy and the prices are so reasonable to boot! What a wonderful establishment Betty has created. This will continue to be one of our favorite restaurants. Too bad we live out of town - I would love to have a place like this restaurant in my hometown!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Picked Betty's as we couldn't see anywhere else to go for breakfast.

Directed to a booth with the wave of a hand - by an older woman I didn't think this place was too friendly!

We waited ages on our breakfast - my partner pointed out that regulars coming in after us were getting their breakfasts first......I said to him they were just having toast but I'm really not sure!!
There is a note up advising slow service!

The older woman sneezed into her sleeve behind the counter and didn't go wash her hands - this freaks me out - we had our breakfast before this thankfully!

I had to ask for more coffee - my partner never got a refill!

Would I go again - no - although my omellete was ok.....

1  Thank Cate019
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Betty's serve my husband the best sunny side up eggs, fried potatoes & ham that he had ever had! The staff was very friendly and funny. We loved it so much that we returned two days later! :-).