“Like Domestic - Like Dish”
Review of Domestic

Domestic
Ranked #11 of 36 Restaurants in Shepherdstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We live in the county, know the owner a little bit and found it well worth our time to eat at Domestic. We do not eat out often without the kids, so Dometic fits a good niche for us - Date Night w/no special occasion. Our server was great, I worked Waitstaff at a very high end Guest Ranch in CO and know what good service looks like; we will go back.

My softshell crab was OK. My wife got an app for her entree - Pizza; bacon, sweet onion, strawberries, mozzarella, and balsamic reduction was very good. The crust was a tad too crunchy for me but the strawberries and onions were great together. Great beer selection and nice decor!

Dish (in Charles Town) is our anniversary, birthday...etc eatery.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Satisfying. Good service and the food was very good, but not excellent. My mozzarella salad with grilled peaches was novel. Ann's softshell crab was deep fried with a rather thick breading. Would have preferred it sauteed or grilled.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The restaurant is casual, roomy, not noisy, with a big bar running all the way through that was popular early on Saturday night (5:30). Servers were really pleasant, friendly and attentive and the food came very fast. The menu is imaginative, with a flair for local, fresh and Southern, wonderfully appropriate for a West Virginia college town. Our appetizer was unique - the pork belly nachos - home made light crispy salty nachos were the best- with a topping of bland pulled pork (we usually like our burnin' hot) and slaw on the side that was oddly sweet. The grilled peach and mozarella arugala salad was very good (the mozarella very fresh and the arugala pleasantly peppery) and the soft shelled crab was battered and fried just right - light and crispy, but its leek sauce was nothing special. We thought the prices were very fair for such a strong attempt at fresh regional cuisine. One small drawback - the server forgot or delayed my second glass of wine so I ordered it again direct from the bartender, and then I ended up getting charged for three glasses. But, when I pointed out the error they were immediately apologetic, pleasant and quickly corrected the bill . All in all a winner of a dinner.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a really lovely meal at this unassuming restaurant, pleasantly full at 7.30 on a Wednesday. We had a spinach salad split between us, plenty for 2 and delicious, followed by Catfish and cheesy grits, lovely. My daughter, vegetarian, had the Pasta Primavera and she said it was the best one she had ever eaten. We shared the cheesecake too, don't think either of us could have eaten a whole slice each! Very pleasant service all the way through. I was driving so drank water but was not made to feel awkward by doing so. Good value too, our meal came to $53 including drinks.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Domestic specializes in as much locally sourced ingredients as possible. We were both in the mood for just hamburgers but these are so wonderful here. I love the fact that the sandwiches come with a choice of fries or a salad. A trendy, spare decor is inviting. Service was outstanding. This was our last meal in Shepherdstown and if we'd had one more day we would have come back for dinner. Ask to sit in one of the front tables in the window