“Everything you need!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Shepherdstown
Maryland
“Everything you need!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed at this property for one night while my daughter was visiting some friends at nearby Shepherd University. There is a lack of hotel choices in the immediate area within Shepherdstown and we actually have stayed at the Clarion Hotel which is just a few minutes away. But we decided to stay at the Comfort Inn instead and we were pleasantly surprised. It's close to everything and a great value. Guest rooms were large and very clean. The staff were extremely pleasant. The free hot breakfast was very nice as well, with a good assortment of hot and cold items to eat. All in all a very nice hotel and a good value.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank marygran
ShepherdstownComfort, General Manager at Quality Inn Shepherdstown, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your comments. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I am currently staying at this property. I was here for work for 60 days, went home for two weeks
during the holidays and am back again. This is an older property but is clean and comfortable. The beds are decent and the place is quiet. I dont sleep really well in ANY motel but this is as good as it gets for me. There is a small fitness room with treadmill, cross trainer, and three different types of cycling machines. They do have a continental breakfast but I cant comment on that as I am up and gone for work before it opens at 6 AM. All the staff members I have met, from the manager on down have been extremely friendly and helpful. They also will work with your company to provide a very nice long term corporate rate. I am comfortable, room is clean, water pressure is excellent. A small kitchen would be nice but have fridge and microwave. I also have free internet and the rooms are large.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve A
ShepherdstownComfort, General Manager at Quality Inn Shepherdstown, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Steve A,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Our staff takes great pride in offering all of our guests exceptional service and wonderful experience.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

This hotel was perfectly fine, with the exception of the smoke smell (VERY STRONG) mentioned by others. It was a short drive to a very quaint downtown. The grocery store and drugstore were a stone's throw away, which was convenient, and the rates were reasonable. Pets are allowed (I met a couple in the elevator :), the breakfast is better than many continental breakfasts, the gym was functional, and the room was comfortable. Wish there were more options in Shepherdstown, and would have stayed at the Bavarian Inn if it had been available.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I booked a room on a non-smoking floor, as I am highly allergic to smoke. The hallway, and the room itself, stunk of cigarette smoke, making for a miserable night trying to breathe. I was told that there were no other "non-smoking" rooms/floors available. I see from TripAdvisor posts that I am not the first to complain.

Avoid this hotel unless you are an avid smoker.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travelmavensny
Brandon M, General Manager at Quality Inn Shepherdstown, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I was unhappy to hear that your accommodations were not up to par. What you experienced is unacceptable and I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss it with you personally. We would honor the opportunity to improve your impression of our facilities. Please let us know if your travel plans find you back in our town as we appreciate the chance to impress you.

Travelers are raving about these Shepherdstown hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I had spent a lot of time looking for a place to stay for one night on a Saturday night that would accommodate my parents, niece and I near to Antietam. Most other places require a 2 night stay at the weekend and we did not want that. I opted for 2 rooms at the Comfort Inn, Shepherdstown which were great value. The rooms were spacious and adjoining which was very convenient. The hotel usefully provided information on restaurants in Shepherdstown and we had a great evening in the lovely town only a short drive away. We very much enjoyed our stay, and a mix up with the room charge was quickly and pleasantly resolved by the Manager. I would recommend this hotel for a stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brandon M, General Manager at Quality Inn Shepherdstown, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Judith R,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Antietam! Antietam is such a wonderful park and we are very lucky to be so close to it. The entire area around us is so rich in history and we love being a part of that community. I also want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our downtown. It is such a unique little historic town with great shops, restaurants, and night-life. I hope that you get to come visit us again soon!
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I just stayed overnight at the Comfort Inn in Shepherdstown. It's a relatively small franchised hotel about a mile and a half from the center of town. It was an okay place. I found the staff to be helpful and the location convenient. Overall, however, the hotel feels a little confining. The lobby is very small, as is the breakfast room and the gym. All are serviceable, but you will be on top of others in the space. I had a double queen room; I also found it to be very tight on space.

My biggest issue with this hotel was the AC unit in the room. It was VERY loud and badly needed service. Around 2 am, I opted to simply turn it off so I could sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Scott B
Brandon M, General Manager at Quality Inn Shepherdstown, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the issue you had with the ac unit in your room. We will have our maintenance department look into these units to ensure it does not happen to a future guest. If you would be so kind as to call the hotel to let us know what room you occupied, it would help us greatly as these reviews are anonymous and this would ensure the quickest resolution. We can be reached at 304.876.3160. Again, I apologize that you had these issues and I hope that we get another chance to impress you in the future.
Eighty Four, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

My son and I were on a bicycle ride from Pittsburgh to DC, We stayed at the Shepherdstown Best Western on 9/4/13. We had just traveled 52 miles, arived tired and hungry. Our reservation made check in a breeze, cleaned up and enjoyed a nice meal. The staff and room were excellent. They knew we would arive by bicycle, so they had a first floor room for us, showed where we could clean our bikes so we could secure overnignt in our room. The comp breakfast we experience the next morning was very plentiful and delicious. We ate our fill before departing.The convienence of the stores around the hotel made it easy for us to purchase some last minute supplies. We highly recommend this hotel and will stay there next summer when we ride to DC again next summer. Thank you for a excellent experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank John S
Brandon M, General Manager at Quality Inn Shepherdstown, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn of Shepherdstown! We are glad that you chose our hotel, glad that you enjoyed it and especially glad that you took the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. Being so close to the C&O Canal and Towpath, we value the business of those who travel on bicycle and do everything we can to make them feel welcome. We take great pride in the product we offer and are happy to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdstown
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville
Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town
Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry

Been to Quality Inn Shepherdstown? Share your experiences!